Wednesday, December 2, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 2

Hello!

Before I start I just wanted to say that I am so happy Fixer Upper is finally back!!  Woo Hoo!  They did not disappoint on the first episode either.  Looking forward to more antics from Chip and more gorgeous reveals designed by Joanna.

For day 2 I thought I would share the cards from my November Secret Sister Swap.  We were asked to make 4 cards (either the same or different) that would be sent to four swap sisters and in return we would receive 4 different cards from everyone who participated.  This helps add to our stash and also spread some Christmas joy.  I will share my card(s) first then the ones from my swap partners.  For my four cards I used a lot of dies and layers of papers.  I also added some charcoal gray and black, I'm really liking how they accent everything.


I used MFT & La-La Land dies, some patterned paper, gems, a doily, charcoal gray colored felt and Petaloo flowers.  I created two of the same concept interchanging the reds and greens.  Here are the four cards together before I sent them off to their new homes...


Here are the four sweet Christmas cards I got in return.  Starting off with this adorably sweet card from Cyndi Kim... 

From Cyndi Kim

Love this adorable image and the pretty snowflake paper.  Next up is this super sweet card from Annie!

From Annie

How sweet is that gingerbread man?  And the fun snowflake stamped and embossed background? This next one is from the very super talented queen of scenes, Karen from Have a Scrap Happy Day!  Hi Karen!!

From Karen!  Hi Karen!!

Love it!  This is the absolutely adorable!  And this last gorgeous card is either from Jayne or Mare Benne:


The sparkle on Santa is sooo cool, it's really stunning IRL.  Aren't they all wonderful?  And they are definitely going in my Christmas card stash to send to some special family and friends.  I really loved this swap idea.  Thanks Kathy!!


Thanks for stopping by for day 2!  I'll be back to share another completed craft project tomorrow.  Happy Hump day!

Hugs,
Leanne

2 comments:

Denice said...

Love your card and the wonderful banner die you used....I bet there were four happy secret sisters!! What a sweet variety of cards you received. Great job girls!!

Lynn said...

Your card is very unique...love the non-traditional colors, super fancy layout and abundance of embellishments. I am certain that the recipients were thrill with your creations. The cards that you received were beauties too!