Monday, December 7, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 7 KBD Spotlight

Season's Greetings friends!


Today is day 7 in my 25 Days of Christmas challenge.  I'm spotlighting this card over on the Kitty Bee Designs blog today.  That must mean it's the first Monday of DECEMBER!!!  Can you believe there's only 18 days until Christmas!!  Woo Hoo!!  Hopefully you've already gotten your shopping started or making those lists for who's been naughty or nice this year.  If you're like me you start early and buy things throughout the year.  The problem is finding the hiding places I put them in!  hahaha!  
I'm spotlighting 2 of our cute Christmas Penguins: Reindeer Christmas Penguin & Hollie Christmas Penguin.  I printed them out lighter than usual and colored them with some light colors.  Hopefully you can see them, it was a bit hard to photograph and edit without washing either of them out.  I took a close up so you can see them below.  You can't tell but I added WOS to the star, nose, holly leaves and bell.  It truly looks pretty IRL.  I promise!  (hahaha)

(We have a nice selection of Winter & Christmas images in the Etsy store to use on all of your Christmas cards and projects.  Hop on over to starting buying!)  

I used non-traditional Christmas colors for this card, but I'm finding that doesn't really fit anymore.  With the Frozen movie it seems these are considered Christmas colors too.  Or at least Winter colors. The igloo is from the November  La-La Land Club kit.  Yep after die cutting it I glued on each of the tiles back!  In case you were wondering I added a piece of cardstock to the back to making gluing easier.  The stitched borders are from MFT, the snowflakes are from C. C. Designs and the rolling hills were created with Mama Elephant stitched dies.  I added WOS on the snowflakes and added a touch of lavender rhinestones for a nice little bling.  I handwrote, "Happy Holidays From our Igloo to yours."  I thought it was a cute sentiment for this card. 


Thank you all so much for joining our challenges for 2015 and we hope you'll anticipate the challenges coming in 2016, you'll have even more fun!  Wishing you Happy Holidays and hope you and your families enjoy this wonderful season of giving and joy.  Today is my last spotlight for 2015!  The kitties & bees are taking the rest of the year off to spend time with our ohana and of course to finish finding (and making) the perfect gifts for everyone.  But of course I'll be back tomorrow with day 8 of my 25DOCC.  

Mahalo for stopping by!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Denice said...

So cute...love the penquins and color of ink you used, makes for a pretty and soft card. Yep, I'm scrambling around wondering where I put a few gifts that were purchased earlier...hope I can find them!

Nancy said...

This is so cute! Your igloo is fantastic! :o)