Sunday, October 4, 2015

Time to Celebrate

Good morning!

Woke up and it was raining!  Yay!!  I know some of you don't need the rain but we sure do.  Hopefully it will continue for a few more days.  Lucky for me I don't have anywhere I need to be today.  So staying indoors while the rain pours sounds like a nice plan.

Yesterday was apparently World Cardmaking Day and I did squeeze in some time to make a card, not for this occasion but it seemed to coincide with the same day.  Here's the card I made specifically for my niece, Scarlet, who turned 1 on October 2nd.


Another card featuring fun La-La Land Crafts Club kit stamps and dies from the April & May kits.  The stamps are from the May 2015 kit as well as most of the dies.  This is Celebrate You Marci.  There is one die that I used from the April 2015, but most are from the May kit.  Papers are from the May kit, Recollections and Neenah.  I went with a purplish theme here and added some cream in to the mix.  You can also see a hint of the same layout here, just substituted the balloons, streamers, cake & gifts for the branches and flowers.  I colored Celebrate Marci with Copics (yes including her dress) and fun-cut her out.  It took me quite some time to figure out what to write inside the banner, there are only 4 flags, but right at the end it came to me.  I think it worked out nicely.


On the inside of the card (not pictured) I stamped Celebrate You Marci off the page with Concord Grape (Distress Ink) and will stamp a Happy Birthday sentiment with the same color.  I am really enjoying digging in to the club kits and just yesterday I got the September one along with some older stamps & dies from last years kits.  Can't wait to dig in to those.  If you're interested in the kits stop by the LLLC site, there are a few different plans you can sign up for, but if you want to spend the money and get the project kit I think it's worth it.  You'll still receive the dies & stamps but you'll also get the amazing projects Irina has dreamt up to create with the kit.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! 

3 comments:

eva said...

gorgeous card! i could stare at it all day and see something new, it is so detailed! i think lala land makes some of the prettiest and detailed dies. but if i bought everything, i'd be broke for sure!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Such a stunning birthday card. Love all the balloons and design....really expresses a big celebration. Have a super week.

Denice said...

Look at all those balloons! So pretty and perfect for a little one!