Wednesday, October 28, 2015

September SSS - FALL aka...

Hello!

This post is all about Fall which was our theme for the September Secret Sister Swap.


My swap partner was Kathy and the first thing that popped in to my head was how much she loves Starbucks.  It was a no brainer to choose Frappi Anya for my card, but what else could I use?  I found that awesome embossing folder on a trip to Hobby Lobby and I already had the other elements like the awesome MFT coffee cup, MCT doily, MFT banner and letters.  When coming up with the sentiment I wanted it to be different than usual, so choosing the letters "fall aka" I arranged them on the banner which means I needed to have something on the inside...


How about "...pumpkin-spice latte season! Enjoy!"  I stamped Frappi Anya off the bottom of the right side and cut off a scrap of that pretty fall paper.  Then I handwrote the rest of the sentiment.  I added a SBux giftcard to go with the card because it was appropriate.  I also made a tag, that I will be sharing on Monday, and paired it up with a set of fall ribbons I had received from another swap a year ago, but haven't had the opportunity to use, so I thought I would share it with Kathy instead in the hopes that she will be able to use them.

Now that I've share what I sent here's what I received from my buddy Karen...



The absolutely cutest shaker Fall card!!  She is the queen of scenes and this card blew me away.  The colors are so pretty and the details... Beautiful!  She also sent me some fun dies from Memory Box that I'll be able to use to create some fun elements on my cards.  Thank you so much Karen, I love the card and the dies!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great hump day!!

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh what a LUCKY secret sister to receive this Fabulous card!!! I just recently bought this cute stamp but have yet to ink it up!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Denice said...

Love Anya and her pumpkin spice latte....really, isn't that what fall is all about?!!

Great shaker card, I bet you're lovin' it.