Saturday, October 17, 2015

National Boss' Day cards

Hello!!

Friday was National Boss' Day and I whipped up 3 cards to give to one of the supervisors, mangers and my boss.  We are all in the same unit, and I didn't want to single anyone out.  Coming up with the design wasn't so easy but once I got one down the other two were no-brainers.  I used images that were easy to color and quick to cut out, since the newest Sister Stamps were still on my desk I chose them and love the end result...  To start off here is Dixie peeking over to see what's going on...


Love this window looking die from MFT, it's called Stitched cover-up companion.  I chose to use some of this Bo Bunny paper that I actually use as a backdrop to take pictures.  I decided to cut into it instead and love the way it turned out.  The white background is woven paper from DCWV that I embossed with a floral Sizzix embossing folder.  Die cut the LF hello with dark brown cardstock and added the Recollections flowers/rose with LLLC open flourish leaf to finish it off.  All were adhered to a dark brown card.  Dixie was stamped, colored with Copics, fun-cut and popped on to the card, she is sweet!  Here is the inside of the card.


The Mama Elephant "happy" word was cut and colored to match the pink rose and a quick handwritten sentiment and salutation completed it.  Below are the other two cards similar to the one above.  Here's Boo Boo Bear peeking over with some bright rosy cheeks!


The inside of this card has a golden yellow "happy" which matches the yellow rose above, it was quite nice how that worked out.


Here's the last card featuring the very happy Buster.  Love his cute adorable face!  Makes me smile! Oh and I decided to give him some rosy cheeks too.


And the inside of the card with the red "happy" to match the red rose above.    hahaha!


When I gave each card to the individual they were all confused and wondering what the card was for and also WHO it was for.  They thought there was an event that I made card for to give to someone else.  I told them to open the card and then they'll know what it's for...  So funny!  Especially when they realized it really was for them!  A very happy surprise.

Well on that note I'm going to sign off.  Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my last few posts.  It truly makes my day!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!  Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awwww, these are doggone CUTE Leanne. Guaranteed to put a HUGE smile on the bosses face. I really love the peeking fur babies.

Lynn said...

Well done! They surely surprised and pleased the bosses. I think the way you made them similar but not identical was a great way to make them each feel special. Good coloring and embellishing too!

Rachel Parys said...

These are over-flowing with cuteness!! I love their little faces!!

Denice said...

Sounds like your bosses were surprised, how fun....I bet they really felt happy and appreciated when they opened these adorable cards! Very sweet of you to remember them on their special day.

eva said...

all of these cards are just perfect! i love how you used the images and the slant of the sentiments! super cute!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my these are Awesome looking!!!! sooo darn cute too!!! I won Bobo on their last release!!!!!