Friday, October 2, 2015

LFF #96 - Thanks Vivyenne!

Happy Aloha Friday!!

For today's Lilo's Fun Friday #96, I have a thank you card I made for one of my colleagues who unfortunately is leaving us today. =/  It's always hard to make these types of cards, especially if you really don't want that person to leave.  I made it girly like her and with some bright peachy colors.  Oh yeah and there's that layout again.  Yep can't get enough of it.  (lol)


Ok, so I really love this one!  I guess cause the colors are pretty.  Most of the same elements from the other cards are used here.  The La-La Land dies, MFT dies, Lawn Fawn word die, some pretty flowers from Petaloo and some fun accents from Recollections.  The patterned paper is from another Prima pad, the cardstock is MFT & Recollections and lastly is Anya Strolls from The Greeting Farm.


Instead of coloring her blouse I added some dots to create a fun pattern.  Once I finished coloring her up I fun cut her then glued her down flat instead of popping her up.  The reason for that is because I wanted the "thanks" to look like it was floating.  What I did was add glue to the bottom of the word and attached it to some of the petals, so it looks like it's floating.  I like the effect!


Here's a shot of the inside of the card.  I did a double panel so we could all have enough space to write something other than the normal few words, but my other colleagues crammed what they wanted to say on to one page.  Aiya!  Sometimes they need guidance.  ((lol))  It's funny because normally if I didn't want them to sign on something I'd usually put a post-it, sheesh, you'd think they would know me by now!  ((hahaha, obviously not!))  ((Sigh!!))


We took Vivyenne to lunch today and here are a couple pictures, can you tell which one is Vivyenne?  (She's the one in the middle in the first picture.)  Sure going to miss her, I usually miss all the ones that leave us...  =/


Wishing Vivyenne all the best in her next adventure.  Hopefully when she makes it big she'll remember us.  hahaha!  Well thanks again for stopping by.  This post turned out to be longer than my others, hopefully you weren't too bored. =D  Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!  Hope you get to do something fun!!

xoxo,
Lilo

3 comments:

eva said...

she looks just like anya strolls! pretty card and i love the inside too. i know how people only like to write in the tiny corners and not smack dab in the middle. have a great weekend!

Denice said...

Such a pretty card...love the peach and black ccombo! I ca see why you like the design, you work it well!

Lynn said...

Another gorgeous card....love those peachy colors! You've got me mesmerized by the layout and now I will need to make a similar one. I'm such a copycat...meow-copy-copy! Thank you for being my blogland mentor.