Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Coolest Holiday Greetings

Hello!!

I recently received the #29 release of Sister Stamps, and had a little play session with a couple of the new images.  If you haven't seen them yet pop on over to the Sister Stamps blog.  I couldn't wait so I placed my order with Hanko Designs.  I really enjoyed all the projects from the design team, they were all very unique and cute!  I was inspired by all of Jenny's Christmas projects which is why I give her credit for my very first holiday card of 2015...  (Thanks Jenny!)


It's very CAS, went with some cream colored cardstock from Recollections and chose the Birch Tree cutting plate to make this winter woodland card.  Since the new Sister Stamps are peeking images I thought Bobo (left) and Pixie (right) were the perfect little critters for this card.  I used scraps of the same cardstock to make some snow drifts in the background.  The final touch was adding the stitched banner with the cute sentiment.  As soon as I took the picture I felt it was missing something.  Wasn't sure what, but then an idea came to me.  It needed something near the sentiment, so I stamped and colored one of the birds from the Misaki stamp set and added it to the banner...


Ahhh!!  It worked!  It's going to be good fun trying to figure out how to use all the other adorable peeking animals, but I'm sure going to have a blast trying.  Here are the supplies I used because there weren't too many.  (hahaha)

Supplies:
Sister Stamps: BoboPixie, bird from Misaki
Sentiment: AmyR for CC Designs
Taylored Expressions: Birch Tree cutting plate

Thanks for stopping by again!  Hope you're having a great Tuesday! 

2 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

They are so cute, I just wanna squish their faces!!! Love this!

eva said...

this is a great card! i love the idea of them peeking from behind the trees! so cute! and the red bird is a nice finishing touch.