Friday, October 16, 2015

Aloha Friday Challenge Mid-Inspiration

Hello!

Today I'm joining the second half of the Bees in sharing some mid-inspirations for our current challenge.  Pop on over to the blog to see what other creative shares the other Bees put together.  They are totally cute!  Here's a reminder of the challenge details:

********
CHALLENGE #58 - ANIMALS
SPONSOR: BUGABOO
See the rules tab for more details.  
Entries close at 5AM (Hawaii Time) on Friday, October 23rd. 
Winners will be announced the Sunday after the challenge closes 
********

I have two cards to share and both feature the adorable Lion Topper image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  The first one is a baby card...


I'm so happy with this one.  It incorporates some wet embossing and using some fun dies from MFT and La-La Land Crafts.  After stamping the polka dots on to the kraft cardstock I used white embossing powder to give it that really pretty embossed look.  Not sure why I haven't done this before, the white polka dots are so fun!  Will need to remember to do this in the future.  I used dark brown felt to cut out the rocking horse, it adds a really nice texture to the card.  I definitely had good fun with this one.

For the second card I made a Valentine's Day card.  It's pretty CAS and I used some elements from my extended amount of craft supplies.  Good to be able to use some of these older items.

Yep this is a pink lion!  Might as well go all out yeah?! ((hahaha))  I thought it was fun to turn this in to a Valentine's Day card, especially with the computer generated sentiment.  I was going to add a circle doily but found the heart one at the bottom of the box, I think it looks much better and it continues the Valentine theme here.   

Well that's 5 different cards using the same image, not bad because now I have more cards to add to my card stash.  ((Yay))  If you haven't already done so, hope you can join us for the last week of this super easy challenge.  Remember you have until next week Friday to link up.  Thanks for stopping by on this beautiful Aloha Friday, have a great day and a fantastic weekend!!


5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Happy Aloha Friday Leanne! Awww, your cards are super darned CUTE. Oh how I love the stitched circle die and sweet sentiment. Have a fabulous weekend!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my those are both totally ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denice said...

Again, these are just the cutest images and sentiments...adorble and punny!

Lynn said...

Both cards are adorable and evidence that creativity can really find multiple uses for one stamp. I love that each card is unique and well executed. Great job!

Rachel Parys said...

Both so adorable!!! They both look so different by just changing the color scheme! Great work!