Saturday, April 11, 2015

Dollie with Cupcake

Hi!

Hope you're all doing well.  About a month ago I went over to Kathy's house to spend some crafty time with her, Linda and their friend Belia.  We each made a card and then made kits for the others.  I shared the card I designed here, and today I wanted to share the waterfall card designed by Belia. Here is her card featuring the adorable TGF Birthday Anya II along with a picture of the inside of the card.



Adorable yeah? It was a little tricky to do the mechanism part, we're not engineers, but we are determined and with helping hands we were each able to get it working. This is one cool card! We each received different colored base pieces, I got pink with green. I ended up finishing it at home and here is my end result.


I used another TGF image, Hello Dollie with Cupcake, because the card was huge she fit perfectly.  Now what's funny is the outside of the card does NOT match the inside of the card.  As far as colors and theme.  lol..  Not sure what I was thinking but since everything is already glued down I can either pull it apart and use another card base or leave it, will have to think about that.  For now, it's as is. hahaha!  Here are a couple pages of the inside...



See, so not matching the front, except for the lone cupcake.  hahaha!  The full version of the card can be viewed in the short video below.  I wanted to share the actual waterfall effect.  It's sooo cool!  My assistant was my mother.  Gotta give her some credit she was very patient with me.  (lol)


After making this one I wanted to re-create it again so in a future post I'll share the second one I made for my friend.


As always, thanks so much for stopping in to see what I've been up to.  Hope you all have a nice weekend!!

Challenges:
Farm Fresh Friday: Oh so Girly
7CK: Anything Goes with a twist (Spring colors)
Loves Rubberstamps: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

7 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

So happy that you can get together with your friends and have some fun crafting together. Really love the waterfall cards and video! The sentiment and image you used make a perfect combo. Have a super weekend Leanne.

eva said...

wow, that is a neat card! thanks for the video. it really helps to see it in action!

Denice said...

Wow...I've only made a waterfall card once and thought it was a lot of work...hence the word "once"! A beautiful card...you did a great job on it! Thanks for sharing it at Loves Rubberstamps, can't wait to see your second one, great job Leanne!
:Dxx

Unknown said...

This is so neat! I haven't tried it yet but you sure are inspiring me to! Thanks! Awesome cards as always, Leanne!

Rachel Parys said...

You have been busy, what great projects!! Everything is so gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Dangina Martinez said...

Love your style! Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
Hugs, Dangina

Rosie said...

Fabulous card girl!! LOVE it!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie