Wednesday, March 4, 2015

More candles? Bigger the wish!

Hello!

Today I have a fun card to share.


My mom requested a birthday card for a special birthday.  Her & my dad just started going to our local Coco's for breakfast every Monday to hang out with some of the seniors who my dad used to bowl with.  From what I hear there's a good number of them that show up and they stay there for a few hours, eat, and talk story.  They are all retired or semi-retired so they have the time to hang out. When she asked for a card for a guy who was turning 87 I wracked my brain.  I searched some of my go to stamp companies for a digi, but found none.  I found this free image on the internet via Pinterest.  It was perfect!!  I also found the perfect sentiment to go with it.  I've been loving the blues so I kept it blues and golds here.  That patterned paper is actually washi paper from Hanko Designs which worked out perfectly.  Definitely had fun here.


Well that's all for now.  I hope you all have a great Wednesday!!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho Leanne, you found the PERFECT sentiment. I had a good laugh when I read it. The birthday "boy" will get a kick from your cool card. Wowie, he (the guy on the card) better not blow the candles too hard, got some major flames there. Hee-hee. Have a happy rest-of-the-week.

Rachel Parys said...

Haaa ha!! He is perfect!! It is always a little harder to make cards for older people, I never know what they are going to like! lol! Great job!

eva said...

too funny! i like that sentiment and image!

Denice said...

What a perfect image and sentiment for an 87 year old! We just moved my mom into an independant village and it's good to hear of all the comradary among the seniors!