Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I'm so lucky!

Hello!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for my dad!  He enjoyed being the center of attention, hahaha!

Recently I received the newest SSSC #15, Rose, from The Greeting Farm.  I think I waited a day before I inked and colored her.  I don't know why but I gravitated towards the greens and thought, "Hey why not make a St. Patrick's Day themed card?"  So I did, well sorta...


Ta-da!  hahaha!  Isn't she sweet?!  I just love her expression and her eyelashes are to die for!! (hahaha)  I did do a tiny alteration to the bow in her hair.  Instead of the skull, I wiped it away and closed it off.  I also used a different color combo on her hair.  There's a bit more orange which I like a lot.  I found that patterned paper in my stash by accident, but it turned out to be perfect for my card base.  The flowers although not 4-leaf or 3-leaf clovers were the perfect shade of green with a hint of rust. Right under the flowers and the leaves is a chocolate colored wreath.  I accented parts of the wreath with some green translucent gems.  Last was the sentiment.


Although the ticket doesn't really match I though it was fun.  The sentiment itself was computer generated, but the lines of dots are from an MFT stamp set.  Oh and you can actually see some of the orange in her hair.  You're also able to see some of the bling, the leaves and the flower up close.  For this card adding something to the inside was a must.


I used up the leftover patterned paper scraps, another computer generated sentiment (I know it has nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day, but now I can use it for anything and if I wanted to I could write in Happy St. Patrick's Day)  Trying to always think ahead.  :)


Wow! Time has just flown by, which means this is the perfect time to call it a night, or morning...  Have a great day and Happy St. Patrick's day!  May the luck of the Irish be with you always!  Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
TGF FFF - Get a little Irish (Green & White)

4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Happy St. Patty's day!!! This is to die for!!! Totally digging the green!

Denice said...

Awwww....the perfect bit o' Irish here...decked out in her green. I love the orange hair...it's a great color combo!
Happy St. Patrick's day!!!

Denice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eva said...

oh, this is so cute! i love that you've been decorating the insides of cards! the sentiment is really sweet and makes it perfect for any occasion!