Saturday, August 2, 2014

Oops one last 2014 Calendar!

Hey!!

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments you've been leaving.  I read them as soon as I get to work because I need a little happy reading before starting the day.  Big hugs to you all!!

I have one last calendar for 2014 to share.  I made this for one of the temps who's last day was Friday. When I hear someone is leaving the company, especially in our department, I try to give them a good luck/best wishes card.  Lately I've been trying to incorporate something useful.  So adding a calendar to the front was perfect.  I found an extra 2014 calendar so I parred it down to August and added the 2015 calendar below it.  I made it into a tent card so that if he wanted to put it on his desk at his new job he could.


In case you didn't recognize the image I used Shin-Shin from Sister Stamps and had a bit of fun coloring with a few Copics I had at work.  Definitely not your traditional coloring right?  hahaha!  I had a blast coloring him up including his glowing bamboo stick.  I have about 5 Copics markers that I leave at work and they are not the traditional bunch.  But I had fun anyways and I think it turned out pretty cool, especially with the cool washi paper in the background.  As you can see I used the same Tim Holtz postage stamp die again and I mounted it on to chipboard and then on to the white card.  After fussy cutting Shin-Shin I popped him above the calendar and added the Best Wishes laser die cut sentiment right next to him.  You can't really tell but I added Stickles to the glowing bamboo stick, and all of Shin-Shin's patches.  It looks pretty cool IRL.


Here's a close-up, pretty fun yea?  I might need to leave a couple more colors at work, just in case.  Well I hope you liked today's share, it was a lot of fun to make.  This weekend I have a future commission for some fun birthday decorations, wish me luck!  Hopefully I'll have time to stop in at Alyce's Kit & Clowder 3000 members weekend party.  So many fun things happening there.  Like a crayon coloring contest!  Wuuutt?!!


Have a great Saturday and as always...  Mahalo for stopping by!

Supplies:
  • Shin-Shin - Sister Stamps
  • White cardstock - Neenah
  • Chipboard - Kelly Paper Co
  • Washi paper - Hanko Designs
  • Tim Holtz postage stamp die - Sizzix
  • Laser cut sentiment - Island Scrapbooking
  • Pop dots - Fiskars
  • Stickles
  • Copics used:
    • Panda: B04, B05, YR02, YR04, white gel pen
    • Bamboo: B04, Y15

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This has got to be to coolest panda bear I've ever seen. Great idea to use what's left of the 2014 calendar and add 2015 behind it. The temp will always think about you whenever he sees your calendar. NICE departing gift. Have a fun weekend.

aussie aNNie said...

How gorgeous is this one....lucky person getting it..xx
// You may like to join my birthday candy on my blog. ♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

Denice said...

What a sweet gift for your departing temp! Paper piecing Shin-Shin is a great idea and who knew he'd look so cool in blue!
:Dxx

Lynn said...

I love how you colored Shin Shin...so creative! This calendar gift is sure to bring a smile to your departing co-worker. Thanks for sharing your talent through your blog.