Thursday, June 5, 2014

Class of 2014 - Selena

Afternoon!

Today there are so many graduations happening.  I'm missing out on a few because I'm at work.  One in particular is my niece (by marriage) Selena's high school graduation.  Luckily my parents are there to represent our family.  I couldn't send them there without a card so I created something simple...


Most of this is computer generated, but I added a few images to make it a little more personal.  The cap is a freebie I found on the internet and the roses are from an older TGF stamp set.  After designing the layout I colored and glued everything down.  Lucky for me everything fit nicely.  The quote was something I found on the internet by Louisa May Alcott.  Here is the inside of the card, and the sentiment was also found on the internet...


Here is a close-up of the front of the card featuring the roses and cap.  I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to glitter up the roses, then I used a Mod Podge shimmer spray to give the plain paper a very pretty shimmer.  So it went from drab to fab pretty quickly.  Oh how I wish I had taken a picture of the before and after.  Maybe on the next graduation card I will do so. 


I have a few more to share, but wanted to get this one up in honor of Selena.  Congratulations girly, you're on your way to creating beautiful tomorrows.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

eva said...

hi leanne! so pretty! love the glitteriness!

Denice said...

What a beautiful card, you found the perfect words for this fab grad card!
:Dxx

Unknown said...

you are too sweet! I need to learn a few tricks from your computer generated expertise =D