Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hoppy Easter

Hello!

Before I start I wanted to remind you that you still have time to join in the Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Challenges, the rest of the Bees shared their adorable creations HERE.  Hope to see you playing a long. Click HERE to link up.

Today I have a different kind of card to share. Definitely not my normal kind of card, so it was really fun to do something outside the box so to speak.  It's an all Copic colored card.  I wanted to see if I could do it without using any Distress inks or patterned paper.  I wanted the image to be the focal point so that and the sentiment are the only non-Copic parts, oh and of course the paper! :)



The image is from Aurora Wings, called Sleepy Bunny.  Isn't it cute?  As I was looking through Mitzi's Etsy store this one caught my eye.  Not only is it perfect for an Easter themed project you could definitely use it for a baby themed project right?  I might do that for a future project but for today I decided to make an Easter card.  I don't normally make these, but I couldn't pass up the chance to try and to do something that was all Copics, including the background.  So here's how I started it...


Not to shabby for my first all Copic scene.  (I listed all the color used at the bottom in case anyone is interested)  :)  I went for a neutral color on the outfit, wanted to do a peachy yellow, but it turned out more of a tan, I still like it.  I think I need more color in the sky, but that could just be my editing settings.  I wanted it to be a subtle blue sky backdrop.  The grass was fun, I can see a few straggly blades compared to those fuller ones, but all in all I like the result.  I do love how I colored the sign and the blanket/bag.  For the sign I used two colors and did strokes and lines then with the lighter color I tried to blend it but not too much.  For the blanket/bag I thought a cute little quilt work pattern with bright colors would be fun.  Broke out some new markers for this part and to make it look softer I went over the whole thing with E000.  The sentiment is computer generated and yes it's a little off the page.


Can you see the additions I made?  Yep, it wouldn't be an Easter card without any eggs right?  So now it looks like baby is trying to figure out which eggs to pick up first.  :)  That was fun to do!  I glued down the scene to a white card base in the hopes of it looking like a Polaroid.  The sentiment on the bottom is also computer generated and I fussy cut it out before gluing it down.  Here is a close up of the bottom:


It was a lot of fun using the bright colors for the eggs and creating the grass.  I think I definitely need more work on the other parts, but this was a fun start.


I think I still have time to enter this in the inaugural challenge over at Aurora Wings Challenge blog which is Anything Goes.

Other challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
Sugar Creek Hollow - Make Your Own Background
Time 4 Scrap - Easter

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend and I hope you get a chance to try something new.

Here are the Copic colors I used :)
Copics:
Sky: BG0000 (I used my own cut out stencil)
Bunny outfit: E30, Y21, E21
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Bunny Slippers: E30, R20, E21
Blanket/Bag/Eggs: 0, BG15, FYG2, FY1, V04, B41, FYR1, R20, E000 (color the squares and then go over the whole thing with E000) (I used the colorless blender "0" for the eggs.)
Sign: E57, E49
Grass: YG13, YG23, YG17

9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Super cute Leanne!

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Love how you colored this image, Leanne. I love your coloring of the blanket in pastel patches to go with the colored eggs in the grass. So cute! Thank you so much for joining Aurora Wings' first challenge! Best wishes. Mitzi

SuiLan said...

Your coloring is amazing!!! Really! Everything on this card looks great!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Leanne, this is sooo precious! FAbulous background you've created. the clouds, the fab grass with the eggs, too cute! Especially love that patchwork blanket. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Denice said...

Eek, I wish I had time to ready your entire post....

That has got to be one of the sweetest images I've seen in a long time! Gorgeous card, gorgeous coloring, fabulous grass!
:Dxx

Hello said...

Oh Leanne this is such an absolutely adorably cute card...love how you've created the cloudy sky background. Thank you so much for sharing it with us for our Aurora Wings Challenge.
Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

Unknown said...

This is so fun how you show the process of your coloring! Awesome scene and so talented!!

Anne Temple said...

Your card is absolutely adorable. Great coloring and you've created a wonderful scene. Love the quilt and the added Easter eggs too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time4Scrap.

Lady said...

so cute ...thanks for playing with us at T4S....