Friday, December 6, 2013

KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #14 - Christmas Challenge

Hello everyone!!

Are you ready for a new challenge from Kitty Bee Designs?  Today the Bees and I are sharing our inspirations for our last challenge of 2013:


Pretty easy right?  All you have to do is create a project with a Christmas theme.  That should be fairly easy to do since most of us are all in the middle of making projects for this wonderful time of year.  Make sure you stop on over to the Kitty Bee Designs blog to see the adorable creations from the Bees team.  I can't stop smiling over how creative this team is and neither will you... :) 

For my project I decided to make a card.  I was inspired by the new Deconstructed Sketch (#129)  because I love the CAS layout and Jen's adorable sample.  I used some of my new dies from MFT, a few sheets of patterned paper and an adorable Christmas Owl from Kitty Bee Designs and came up with this...

Merry Christmas owl - KBD

Don't ask me how I got the snow to fall, it was something that I was able to copy when I uploaded my picture.  Cute yea? (hehe)  The card base is white Neenah cardstock that was embossed with a Darice snowflake embossing folder.  On top of that I used an MFT tag & framed greetings die-namics dies.  The patterned paper is from a very old and still useful DCWV Christmas paper pad.  The owl was colored with Copics, and I used a circle Spellbinder to cut it out.  Matted it to a red circle and for the finishing touches I added that cute white pom-pom to the end of the Santa elf hat, some glitter snow to the trim and blue pearl pen dots for the berries.  The last parts were the ribbon, button and twine to finish off the tag.  The sentiment is an AmyR one which was nice and simple, yet perfectly fits my card theme.  (yay!)

Christmas owl

Alrighty, the challenge ends on Friday, December 20th and the winner will be announced on December 22nd.  Ho plenty of time to play so after you ooohh and aaahh over at the Kitty Bee Designs blog, upload your project so we can do the same! :)

Mahalo for stopping by.  Hope you all have a wonderful Aloha Friday and a great start to your weekend!! 

Hugs,
Leanne 

Challenge: DS129

3 comments:

eva said...

wow, super fancy snow trick! love the little snow owl!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Total cuteness! How'd you make the snow. I love it!!!!! Have a fun and crafty weekend.

Lynn said...

Love the gray, red, and beige color scheme. Your attention to details is wonderful. What a lovely layout too! Have a crafty almost-Xmas week!