Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Black Sand Beach card

**Please scroll down for the Sparkle blog hop**

Hey everyone!!
Hope you're all having a good weekend.  Yumi & Fumi Handmade is going to be taking a break from challenges for the next two weeks so that the DT can spend some quality time with their kids before they head back to school.  We're going to recharge and then come back with new faces and new challenges.  In the meantime here's the card I shared on the blog featuring Summer Fumi and the smaller version of our Hang Loose stamp.


I used a lot of black here.  First the card base, then the sand, the sequins aka coconuts and the black palm tree (die from La-La Land Crafts).  The rest just came together pretty quickly. 


Above is a close up of the palm tree and the Hang Loose which btw I colored in with Copics.


She looks like a version of Ariel from the Little Mermaid to me.  (hahaha)  Well that's all for me.  Mahalo for stopping by today!  I hope you all enjoy the rest of your summer and I'm going to try to get around to each of your blogs.  I haven't been a very good blogger buddy so I'm going to try my best to get hopping. 

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,
Leanne

7 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I feel the Aloha spirit on this sweet card. Summer Fumi looks so cute with her lei and rubba slippa.

Danni said...

This is amazing! Love how the black just makes everything pop! Can't wait to see what Yumi & Fumi comes back with!! :)

eva said...

pretty! i love the black and green!

Colleen said...

I love the beautiful scene that you created for Summer Fumi! She looks like she is having a awesome time in paradise.

I hope that everyone at Yumi and Fumi will have a well deserved rest in the next two weeks. I look forward to seeing what all of you have in stored to share.

yyam said...

How fun! Love your "scene"!

Unknown said...

She is so ready to groove to the island music...LOL love the green!

RiNNE said...

She does look like Ariel!! Oooooh, I love Black sand beaches!!