Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Rena!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA.  I was missing my mojo and didn't really have the need to craft for a few days.  (GASP!) I know right?!!  What's wrong with me?  I don't know if any of you get that feeling like you just don't want to be around the crafty table, but sometimes I go through those phases and just looking at the craft table tires me out!  But I'm back and my mojo seems to be back for a bit so today I have something to share...  YAY!!  Hoping to share a few more cards for the rest of the week.


Today is a super special day.  My partner in crime Renate' Winter is celebrating her BIRTHDAY and the Yumi & Fumi Handmade Team and a few friends are helping with the celebration!!  Hop on over to the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog to see the wonderful birthday cards and messages left by some of her friends.


Here's my card featuring Yumicorn.  I did a little alteration by adding stars and butterfly wings to her costume.  She already had wings, but I messed them up while coloring.  I decided to trim them off and used a butterfly die to create her wings.  I think it turned out almost as good as the original.  I went with a simple layout with lots of die cuts.  I used a balloon die, Spellbinder star circle die and star punches.  As you can see there is a lot of sparkle, if you can't see it believe me it's there.  I sparkled her horn, stars on her outfit, and of course her wings.  For fun I added pink & white twine to the balloons and I hope it looks like she's releasing them.  I handwrote the sentiment on the balloons and the star.   I hope she likes it.

Happy Birthday Rena!!  Wishing you the best birthday any girl can ask for.  Thanks for being a fantastic friend and partner in crime.  Cheers to many more occasions where we can hang out and do damage.  lol!  Enjoy this day and celebrate all month long!!  Margaritas!!!  hehehe... I Love ya girl!

Please stop by her blog and wish her a Happy Birthday.  Mahalo for stopping by, have a fabulous day!!

Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

hapagirlren said...

Thank you Leanne!!! I LOVE HER!!!!! So happy and so kawaii and can i just say.....stars stars stars!!! Those look amazing!!!!!!!

Danni said...

I think all of our mojo goes missing once in a while..glad yours returned! Uber cute card!

Denice said...

This is adorable...I love everything about how fun and happy this card is! What fun balloons!
:Dxx