Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Twinkle Bean Valentine

Hey everyone!!

Hope you are having a great day!!  Today was a bit stressful, but hoping that this card will cheer me up.  I'm posting it now so that I don't miss out on the Farm Fresh Friday challenge, "Punch It!"

Here is my latest Valentine's Day themed card featuring Twinkle Bean from The Greeting Farm


I have to say that after finishing this card I was definitely cheered up.  Especially after I finished coloring her hair!  Loved how it turned out.  I do see some places where I need to go back in, but all-in-all I loves it.

The paper is from the Love Note 6x6 paper pad from Fancy Pants Designs.  I loved the hearts on the light pink paper, so I trimmed the paper to frame that part of the paper, then used a Fiskars lacey border punch on some black card stock to give it a little frame.  This is the first time I've covered up the cardstock that the paper is glued to.  I usually leave a slight border, but this time I decided to cover it up because I liked how it looked with out the black border.  (The card base is black cardstock in case you were wondering) 

For the sentiment I punched out a medium sized heart and trimmed LOVE out of one of the patterned papers in the paper pad.  Besides the border, there are 10 punched hearts on this card.  I already told you where one of them is but can you tell where the other 9 are?  Here's a guess, look closely at the black paper.  Yep all 9 black hearts are leftover cut outs from the Spellbinder circle hearts die.  I kept them to use for a shaker card or in this case, floating hearts.  :)
 
Alrighty, it's time for me to get going, hoping you have a wonderful evening!!  

Mahalo for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Leanne

Copics:
Hair: R89, R85
Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11
Grays: N3, N5, N7, N9

8 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw she sure is a cutie! love her hair and those pretty papers...

Linda said...

Love the dp paper! Great card as always! It also cheered me up by just looking at it.

Kate said...

Omgosh this is so cute. LOVE her hair.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this is adorable leanne! i love love love her hair - what a cool colour!! those papers go perfect too....love it all :D

Rachel Parys said...

Totally digging her hair!! Awesome job! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

eva said...

adorable card! love her in these darker colors!

Denice said...

I love how you did her hair, wonderful color choices! There's nothing like a Bean to cheer your day.
:Dxx

Amy said...

LOVE her hair, so cool! Awesome card Leanne, the mix of papers are fab!
Hope it stops raining for you, we have had so many grey, gloomy days that I can't wait for some sunshine!
Have a fun Sunday!