Friday, September 21, 2012

Lilo's Fun Friday #40

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!!

I'm over at Renate's and we are working on the last details before we trek to Sacramento.  Looks like we are not getting any sleep, so who else is awake with us?  My sistas from Hawaii?!! Gimme a holla!  hehehe...

For today's LFF #40 share I have one of the first Sister Stamps playing on my card.  Say hello to Kiyomi and her little friend.
I've always wanted to do this masking technique, so decided to give it a go. First I stamped the cherry blossom background using different shades of Fall colored Distress inks.  Next I used an oval Spellbinder die to cut out that shape and using removable tape adhered it to the center of the card.  Next I used more Distress ink and went around the card. When I was satisfied I removed the oval in the center and ta-da!!  A nice white frame perfect for Kiyomi and her butterfly friend.  The rest of the card came together pretty fast and I found the perfect sentiment to go with. Thanks AmyR for always having the right saying when I need one.

Alrighty time for me to get back to work.  Hope you all have a terrific Aloha Friday!!   Mahalo for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Lilo

8 comments:

Denice said...

Of course I love Kiyomi and the masking technique you used...it's a great way to show off such a cute image. But I have to say...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cherry blossom background stamp in those pretty fall colors.
:Dxx

eva said...

so pretty! love how the background turned out! sorry, but i'm in bed by 10 pm. getting/feeling old these days and need to sleep!

Rachel Parys said...

That is so flippn' cool Leanne! I am totally going to have to try this! It gives her this gorgeous glow!! Love it! You inky genius, you.

Mimi said...

so pretty and interesting technique!! have to give it a try! have a great show this weekend! ;D

Cyndi said...

So beautiful!

Mary J said...

So beautiful Leanne! Love the halo effect!

SuiLan said...

You did a great job with the masking! Beautiful card Leanne!

Rosie said...

Oh, this technique looks amazing!! I'm definitely going to have to give it a try! Hugs, Rosie