Sunday, September 2, 2012

Challenge #2 - Yumi & Fumi Handmade

Hi Everyone!!

I would love to say Thank you to everyone for all the lovely birthday wishes, greetings and the awesome birthday blog hop from yesterday.  Facebook is overloading with special messages too and boy I'm so happy I could burst!  Thank you all for thinking of me and for making my day extra special.  If you didn't get a chance to check out the awesome hop Y&FH Birthday Coordinator, Eva coordinated, please stop by the Yumi & Fumi Handmade post HERE and when you get to the Lollipop Crafts blog please, please make sure to stop by each of the sistahs blogs who are featured.

I had an amazing day with my family and then an awesome dinner with my bud Renate' and her family.  My buddy Doreen made me some amazing cupcakes and I look forward to my birthday cake when I go back to work on Tuesday. 

Now, this post is super late, but couldn't be helped.  I'm just now getting access to a computer because mine had to go in for a check up.  Actually my brother did something to it and now he's gonna have to fix it.  lol... Hopefully it'll be for the better.  We have our 2nd challenge over at Yumi & Fumi Handmade and the challenge is a simple one, use a sentiment.  You'll be blown away with the DT creations, I know I always am.  You'll also get a chance to see the updates we made to the challenge images you can use and as this is the first challenge of the month a stamp of our choosing is up for grabs.

I found a couple of those wooden craft words when I went to Big Lots.  I thought they would be terrific to add some images to.  I picked Yumi & Fumi to use and colored them both up differently so that you can see how versatile they can be. It's pretty picture heavy so please bare with me. :)

First up is DREAM...



Here are some close ups:


Next up is WISH...



I didn't do anything to the words, just colored and fussy cut a bunch of Yumi & Fumi images and popped them on to the words.  A nice way to add some fun to some really powerful words.  It's now your turn to play along.  It's a 2 week event so you've got plenty of time to choose your image & sentiment and link up with us.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and the rest of the week!!
Mahalo for stopping by!

Hugs,
Leanne
*:)

8 comments:

Sonia said...

Wow! Super Fabulous, love the images.
Great JOB!
-Sony

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Leanne this is amazing! Love the design...just stunning. Hope you had a smashing birthday! :)

Mary J said...

So cool, Leanne, love how you used those cuties!

Rachel Parys said...

Very cool idea! Turned out wonderful!!!

eva said...

these are cute! and such perfect sentiments for the yumi & fumi girls!

Linda said...

Very cute!!! Can't wait to ink them up!!!

Denice said...

These are wonderful Leanne...seeing the girls by their inspirational words makes me smile! A fab project!
:Dxx

Cyndi said...

They look so cute on those words! Fabulous!