Friday, March 23, 2012

Lilo's Fun Friday #21 - Howdy Pardner!

Hey everyone!
Hope you're all having a good day.  I guess like the rest of the world everyone is experiencing some weird weather.  For the past few days it's been nice and sunny here in California.  Definitely spring weather and then today I leave the house and it's overcast and gloomy.  What gives?  I hope by the time I leave the office the sun will be shining.  Hope the weather is fabulous in your neck of the woods.

One of my many co-workers is expecting her first child and we had a nice small luncheon/baby shower for her here at the office.  I made this card using a stamp I bought a few years ago from a company called Stamp Oasis.  The image is called Little Cowboy and he's one of a collection called Little Lovin's.  These images are so adorable and I had to limit myself on how many I would get, I actually wanted them all.  Here's a link to the site with all the Little Lovin's.  This would be the second card she's gotten from me because I had already given her and her husband a card for her other baby shower two weeks ago.  My reasoning?  I didn't want to be the only one who didn't give her something so I made a pretty easy circle card and gave them some diapers.  Little did I know she loves cowboys so she was really touched by the card. 


Isn't he a cutie pie? The horse too?  I can't believe it's taken me this long to ink him up and give him a home!  I'm so bad!  Well better late than never.  I used a scalloped lacey and regular circle spellbinder die for this card.  Distressed the inside with two kinds of distress inks and colored with Copics.  I added a bit of doodling around the edge of the circle and a handwritten sentiment.  Pretty easy peasy!



Well it's time for me to giddyup on outta here!  (lol)  Hope you all have a great weekend!  If you are in the Los Angeles area and don't have anything to do on Sunday stop by the Pink Parlour at the Santa Anita racetrack.  Here's the link for all the details.

**BTW, my friend Rachel is having a stamp sale.  Check out her blog for details.**

Mahalo for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Lilo

Supplies not listed above:
Dark brown & white cs (Neenah)
Copics:
E50, 51, 01, R20
E44, 47, 49
E31, 34
B21, B24, G24, E25

10 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

LOVE this darling image....such a cutie. Your co-worker will adore this card for sure. I wish her a Happy Labor Day. Hope the sun shows up soon. Have a great weekend.

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw what a cutie baby cowboy...
Yee Haw! I bet she is getting so excited waiting for that special day...My side of the island is pretty where certain parts on the higher elevation experiencing over cast weather..... They said their was some rain bands suppose to be coming our way sometime over the weekend.... LOL!

Rachel Parys said...

I just want to pinch his cheeks! What a cutie pie! Love the distress inks around the edge.

xx

Mary J said...

OH Leanne, that so SWEET! Gorgeous muted tones too!

Denice said...

So stinkin' adorable!!! And fantastic coloring!!

:Dxx

eva said...

i know that image! they were by leigh's wishing well. i have a couple of cds of these images when digital stamps were called clip art. hehe. they have a website too. he is a cutie and love the shaped card!

Cheryl said...

This one is really cute!!! The weather has been rainy here too. I hope we have sunshine over the weekend but the news said more rain...

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Leanne this is so gorgeous!! Love that cute image and your colouring is perfect :) Cute layout too!

Linda said...

Hey girly! Totally love this cutie! You did a FAB job! Enjoy your weekend!

Cyndi said...

Love this baby card...the image is too cute and great coloring! Hope your weather is better...it's getting warm already in LV!