Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winter Joy

Hello everyone!
Oh man, after the awesome weekend we had at the Carson Stamp show this gal had to take a few days off to recover.  I got sick on Saturday morning and it didn't help that it was really cold at the show.  I'm now just feeling better and will be back to "normal" soon.  As soon as I can, I'll post about the show and hopefully share some pictures. 

This week over at the Lollipop Crafts blog challenge #57 is to emboss your project and NO patterned papers allowed.  So use your wet or dry embossing techniques and then link up on the correct blog post.   This week's winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to our spotlight sponsor's store: Just Some Lines. Jehanne is the owner and illustrator of Just Some Lines.  It is a relatively new digital shop where lines bring characters to life.  It has approximately 200 digital stamps.  Jehanne is a self taught artist and a stay at home mum who enjoys drawing whimsical characters.  Make sure to head on over to the store and grab some cuteness. 

For my card I used Emo Snowflake.  This adorable little girl was fun to color.  I chose to go simple and use the image as the main focus.  I did use this week's rules and embossed the image using the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder.  You can't tell but I used Stickles on all the "snow" including all the dots in the sky and in the snow.  I mounted the image along with some punched MS snowflakes on to a piece of Hanko blue cs that is embossed with stars.  I also thought it would be fun to add some pink and clear gems to the snowflakes.  The sentiment is from Unity stamps Roly Poly Winter Joy stamp set.  Hope you guys like it:

Okie dokie, you still have time to play in this week's challenge.  So emboss away and don't forget NO patterned paper allowed.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your week and be back on Monday for another Lollipop Crafts challenge featuring the T-Team.

Hugs,
Leanne

5 comments:

Nady said...

Ta carte est vraiment cute!
bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Tammi said...

Adorable image, this is so cute! Love all the snow! ~hugs

gobeagirl said...

Hi Leane. I love your card. She is just so sweet looking. I also love the way you have embossed to make her look like she is in the middle of all that snow. I forgot that is one of my all time favorite winter techniques. lol... Great card. I can not wait to see some of your pictures from the show. It is so much fun and a lot cheaper to see someone else's goodies. I hope that you are well and having a great week so far. Hugs, Lisa G

Mimi said...

She is a sweet cutie! Adorable card with a cute scene! Glad to hear the rain stayed away for you... hope you feel better soon! Cant wait to see the pictures from the show! Have a great week! ;)

Cyndi said...

this is such a great xmas card! she is so cute!