Monday, October 24, 2011

For a SWEET friend

Happy Monday!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments.  I know I have been a slacker about coming by your blog, but rest assured I will take some time this week to stop by and "catch up."  :)  In the meantime, MAHALO for your lovely comments and encouraging words, especially about spending money on "supplies."  (lol)

Alrighty, are you ready for a new challenge with the Lollipop ladies?  Hope so, cause this week we have a cool sponsor, Inked Treasures and the winner will get to pick 3 digis!  Be sure to head to the Lollipop Crafts blog to see all the wonderful inspirations from the T-Team.  And what's the challenge this week?  Well, it's all about embellishments this week.  So we want to see you use at least 3 different embellishments on your project.

It was really hard to choose what embellishments I wanted to use.  So first I chose an image.  I picked the ever adorable Fairwee Emaline from Sweet November Land.  Next I picked the size card I was going to make, chose to do a 4x4, don't have too many of those lying around.  Next the colors, chose to go with my favorite combo, white, kraft, light green and blue.  Found some really pretty paper to go along with my color scheme and once I had all that down, I knew what embellishments I would use.  I actually picked 4 when I was done.  I guess the fourth could be considered a bonus.  (hehe)  I chose a ribbon, pearl stickpins, flowers and clear stones.  Here's my card, I hope you like it:


I love the way Emaline looks like she's floating in the air, speaking to her butterfly friend.  She looks like she's either telling a funny story or whispering a secret that only she and the butterfly will know.  (hehe)

Speaking of butterflies, the butterfly is my newest punch from EK tools.  It's called a layering punch and it has three different settings on one tool.  Here are the different settings layed out:

 Does anyone else have this punch?  I had a hard time with the solid setting, it would not cut through all the way, kinda like the MS double punches where it stays in the paper and doesn't cut all the way through.  If anyone else knows if this is what it's supposed to do or not do, leave me a comment.  In the end I clipped the parts that did not cut through.  Luckily the other two settings punched correctly.  Here's how it looks layered with some Stickles on the top layer. 

I actually like the end result, just wish it wasn't so difficult to get to it.  (LOL)  I know the layout is pretty ordinary, but with such a small card base I thought it would be ok to do ordinary.  Hmm, it sorta looks a bit busy to me, but I think it's ok cause the dp is subtle and the colors are soft and easy on the eyes.  What do you think? 

I used another sentiment stamp from AmyR.  This one fit the card perfectly and was the right size too.  Used a light blue color to stamp the sentiment on a scrap of white cs , and then layered it on a scrap of kraft cs.  The flowers are layered, green on top of blue.  These are Recollection flowers.  I don't know if you can tell but I stickled the center stamen of the flower.  Adding the pearly stick pins was just something for fun.  Another fun element was the dp I used.  It's a butterfly themed paper by Susan Winget called Botanical from K&Co.  It really worked with my color scheme perfectly. :)

Fairwee Emaline
Are you ready to play?  Then create your project using at least 3 embellishments and make sure to link it up on the Lollipop blog under Challenge #54.  Good luck and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations!  :)

Mahalo for stopping by.  Have a great Monday!

Hugs,

6 comments:

Danni said...

{swoon} I'm so in love with this card and with that punch! Haven't seen it before--I know, shocking!!
What a fabulous job you did!!

Nady said...

Ta carte est super cute!
bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Mimi said...

Adorable card Leanne! Love the soft colors and the punch is fab!! Cute layout...perfect for Emaline! Have a great day! ;)

Cyndi said...

very cute card! love the image and the colors you used!

Amy said...

I think the card is beautiful Leanne!
Love the soft, subtle background with sweet little Emaline and the butterfly is very cool!
I don't have that punch so I can't tell you if you just got a bad solid die or if that's normal for it, sorry!
Hope your week is going great for you!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Umm, no, I do NOT have that punch and I'm thinking I 'need' it! What a cute card! She totally looks like she's floating and fluttering around. How sweet!