Thursday, September 29, 2011

A last FFF post... case'ing.....RACHEL!!!



Sorry everyone, this one is going to be a long one.  As I write this post I have mixed emotions.  I am sad because it is my last post as a Farm Fresh team member, but I'm also so happy and excited to share with you our last Farm Fresh Challenge post.  Sniff, sniff, sniff.  We were asked by our team captain, Rachel, to case someone from the DT.  It was so hard to pick any one card or even just one of the ladies.  If I had started earlier I would have tried to case a card from everyone!  Then Tasha came up with a brilliant idea.  Why don't we just case one of Rachel's cards?!  Problem solved!!  Well partially...  Since we were all so happy to do that it was next a challenge for us to pick a card to case, she has too many awesome cards to choose from.  To see which card each of the ladies chose head on over to the Farm Fresh Challenge blog.  You will not want to miss it!

As I was scrolling through her fantastic blog, drooling over her beautiful creations I found one that really made me think of her.  Here's the card I chose which she posted as her favorite holiday which happens to be Halloween:
Spooky with Halo Devil Anya by Rachel Schneider
Isn't this just the cutest card?  I love her colors and her beautiful coloring of Halo She-Devil Anya.  The colors are so Halloweeny and the papers are just fantastic.  So I went with my favorite image , Fleur Anya and some bright fun colors and made this...

Thanks - Fleur Anya
The colors made me happy, and the papers are so fun.  That huge flower was a great find at Michael's and the sentiment is from an old set of letters.  I really had a lot of fun coloring Fleur.  I remember my very first post was a joy fold card.   This is also a joy-fold card, kinda like coming full circle yea?  Now let's see how it unfolds...

Just sayin' THANKS
Yep the flap under Fleur is where the first fold occurs and look at the message, it goes so well with the sentiment on the bottom.  It's part of the AmyR fence sayings from All That Scraps.  Let's see what else happens...
Just saying.. If friends were FLOWERS, I'd (insert) definitely pick you! :)
Ah, another lovely sentiment from the same AmyR set, with a little bit of an add in.  Oh and look who's peeking out from under the second flap...  Why it's... Fleur Anya again.  Even with all the colors she's still so cute!


Well there you have it.  I hope Rachel likes what I made and I hope she knows how much we appreciate all that she has done as our captain.  She's the best!!


SOOOOO, wanna play along with FFF today? In honor of WCMD (World Cardmaking Day) tomorrow, we are giving you a FULL WEEK to play along (until Friday at NOON CST)

***The challenge will be to case ANY of The Greeting Farm DT, new or old! *** Just be sure to mention or link the card you CASED somewhere in your post upload so we know who you case'd ;)

Tomorrow there will also be a VERY important announcement about linking your photos and how we will upload, so please stay tuned and don't upload until you see the IN LINKZ feature go live tomorrow, k? You'll find out why VERY soon! ;)

Lastly, let me say Thank you to the following ladies whom without their friendship, support and inspiration the last 6 months would not have been as fun as it was. 

Jessica, you started it all by sending me that email.  I thank you so much for having the confidence in me to be a part of something new and exciting.  Your encouragement and support was so heart warming.  You gave me a life-time opportunity to be a part of something special, so Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I will forever be greatful for this opportunity.

Marie, your awesome images were so fun to play with.  Whenever I think of making a card I always go to my TGF images.  You have a fantastic talent, and a wonderful following.  I look forward to seeing what comes next. 

Rachel, you have been an awesome captain.  The schedule was perfect and the challenges were so fun.  You made it really easy to be a part of this team and I know why Jess picked you.  She knew we would be in very capable hands.  Not only that your awesome sketches and projects floored me each week.  Thank you for your encouragement and for being a fantastik leader & friend.  I hope to meet you one day.  That would be so much fun!!

Tasha, girl you have mad skills and I so loved each and everyone of your posts.  You use glitter like no other and make everything so dreamy and sparkly.  I loved reading all of your posts about your life with Mills, Thank you for being a terrific inspiration and for letting me part of the wonker crew. 

Sparkle, I have always admired your work.  Your creations are bold and bright and I always would anticipate what you would create.  It was so wonderful to finally connect with you in April and I hope to see you again in Feb.  You have a talent for crafts and it shows in your beautiful projects.  Thank you for always having a smile and for being a wonderful inspiration. 

Mama, it's been so fun to be a part of two teams with you.  I love ur style and I love how you make everything look so easy and beautiful.  Your creations blow me away and your funny little stories always brought a smile to my face.  Hopefully one day I'll get to meet you in person.  Thanks for being a great inspiration and friend. 

Emily, thanks for being our Farm Fresh Face for the last few months. You have a wonderful talent and it shows in your projects. So happy that we got a chance to be on the same team. You inspire me a lot.

To all of you who have been so very kind with your lovely comments, Mahalo so very much for your friendship and yes, inspiration these past 6 months.  It has been awesome, and I will continue to be a part of the Farm in spirit.  Now I get to participate in the challenges.  YAY!  You can't get rid of me that easily.  hahaha!

I, for one think we rocked the first term and to the next team... have fun!  Can't wait to see who they are, I'm sure they will be amazing!!  And wait until you see all the new changes, be sure to head on back there tomorrow.
Mahalo & Alooohaaa!!
Well that's it, Mahalo for stopping by and sticking around til the end.  Have a wonderful weekend my friends!!
Big hugs,
Lilo

7 comments:

1LuvnMama said...

{SOB, SOB, SOB!} I'm crying like a little baby! You don't know how much I appreciate seeing your creations each and every post. You have a mad talent and I'm in awe of your work Leanne. I, too, hope to meet up with you one day . . . come fly on over to Oahu! It may be hard for me to travel with my 3 crazy kids! Take care and I'll definitely see you in blogland!

Jessica Diedrich said...

You have been so wonderful, this is the part I hate the MOST about my job. I was SO excited to meet you last year in CA and hope I see you again soon! Thank you for being on top of the gallery, your beautiful creations, and your never-waning enthusiasm. You have truly been our cheerleader this term and I just adore you AND your beautiful cards! xoxo let's keep in touch- ya never know when the Farm might come a-callin' ! :)

Emily Martina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Martina said...

Leanne,
Thank you so much! I always appreciated your thoughtful and kind comments on my projects before I even joined the Team. Your enthusiasm, and outstanding work is truly inspiring! I am sad that this great experience is coming to an end, but I know I will continue to follow your blog and hopefully see your futures creation on the Farm from time to time! Thanks for being so welcoming to me :)
Emily

♥Rach♥ said...

I just love you to pieces Leanne I really do! What wonderful and super sweet words, and such a blessing kind of when my sanity and self-esteem really needed it!

To say this card is gorgeous is SUCH an understatement! Got it in the mail today and it's so fun and I love the super cool and different layers/folds. Thanks so much for being such an awesome person and a great inspiration!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt post! I feel like a bad guy, lol! Your creations have been amazing and so inspiring, I loved seeing you on the DT! Thank you for all of that! We have some very big shoes to fill! You all were wonderful!
Thanks so much! and I will definitely see you around :)
hugs to you!
margie xo

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! and Beautiful Everything!