Thursday, July 7, 2011

FFF - Christmas in July?


Hello Friends and Happy Friday!!

Yes you read correctly, it's another FFF challenge and we are ringing in today with a Christmas theme.   It's beginning to look a lot like...July?!? Ok, so it's not quite time for hot chocolate and candy canes, more like sunscreen and beach towels but here at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog we are celebrating Christmas in July! Make any kind of project you want as long as we think of Christmas trees, mittens and Santa.  For some inspiration head on over to the FF challenge blog post HERE.



My card is a bit different for a Christmas card.  Unorthodox colors and a different kind of image.  If not for the sentiment, you would probably think that I was off my rocker.  (hehe)  I did another head swap using Cute Troop Anya & Ian Laddie (Thanks to the Farmer's Mkt)  Instead of going with the traditional Christmas color of red, I chose to use pink with my green.  Didn't you know?  It's the new "red." (hehe) 
I spruced up her paper pieced kilt & sash with some Stickles and a little bit of bling.  I also did the same with her fabulous beret, adding a fun button and lots of glitter.  I chose a circle card this time around.  The layout was something simple and fun.  The Joy sentiment is actually a punch out from the K&Company Scrap pad (Peabody) and the patterned paper is also from the same paper pad.  I hand wrote, "to the World" in a punched out circle so that you could "see" it as a Christmas themed card.

Alrighty, it's now your turn to unearth those Christmas papers, punches, and stamps.  We want to see what Christmas in July means for you.  Have fun with it!

  • The FFF challenges runs until Thursday, entries are due by 12 PM CST.
  • The winner will receive a free single TGF stamp of choice!
  • Please upload your challenge cards to TGF Galleria> Farm Fresh Challenges 2011> Farm Fresh Fridays 2011> Xmas in July

Mahalo for stopping by, I hope I inspire you to create your one of a kind Christmas in July project.  You don't have to go traditional, look what I made.  No wait, don't.. LOL..  Okay, I'm outta here!  Too-da-loo and happy Friday!!

Hugs,
Lilo

Card recipe:
Stamps: Cute Troop Anya & Ian Laddie (TGF)
Cardstock: (Hanko, K&Company, Neenah)
Circles & lacey circle dies (Spellbinders)
Ribbon, gems, buttons, twine (Various)
Black Tuxedo (Memento)
Copics:
Skin: E000, 00, 11
Hair: C9, C3
Outfit: R83, 85, C3, G85

5 comments:

kris said...

i wish Christmas could be everyday! ;) Love the card girly! body snatching is aweome and love the way you incorporated to fit the Christmas theme! splendid creativity....

Mimi said...

Awesome christmas card Leanne! Fabulous swapping... who would've thought of using these two cuties together? YOU ROCK! Have a great weekend! ;)

Danni said...

This is fabulous!! I LOVE how you combined the images...so cute!!

Cyndi said...

love your creation...better than your usual christmas card! love the altered image too!

Tasha said...

The queen of Altering, this is fabulous. I love the mix of characters and the design - super sweet
love tasha xx