Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blushing with Croppixie!!

Happy 4th of July my friends!!
I hope you all have been having a great weekend.  I just got back from my friend's house party.  It was a fun time with family, friends, food and some fabulous fireworks!!  It looks like there will be more of that tomorrow, woo hoo!!  It will be so hard to go back to work on Tuesday. (lol)

Today over at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog we are case'ing the fabulous Croppixie.


Featuring the cute Oliver from the O&A Journey, her card is both colorful and fun!  Love the CAS-ness of it, and her coloring is fantastic!  Hope you can all join us this week.  The prize is a TGF image of your choosing.  To find out how the DT case'd the card you can click HERE.

Saturday I went to Anime Expo.  I saw so many wonderful drawings from artists who do that for a living and the use of color was amazing.  I especially loved the colored hair!  You might be seeing more colorful hair from me for a while.  (hehe)  There was also tons of colorful wigs at the show.  I wanted to incorporate that into my card and knew the perfect girl to use.  My card is featuring the newest addition to the TGF family, Blush Babette.  She totally reminds me of a Harujuku girl with her baby doll dress, long socks and shoes.  I gave her some awesome aqua tresses to go with her pink and white baby doll dress. 


Still need to practice more on the hair, but for my first try with aqua I like it.  I know sometimes I can do it and sometimes it's just not there.  The rest of the card came together really fast with some fun Echo Park paper, a fun embossing folder and a pretty pearly button.


I recently saw this awesome tutorial on background clouds from the amazing Amy Young of A Thousand Sheets of Paper.  I love how fun and easy she makes it look.  I followed her tutorial and love how my clouds came out.  I used pigment ink and it was a bit too much ink to begin with, but it softened up eventually.  Next time I will definitely have to try the distress inks.  Pop on over to Amy's blog if you want to get some good tips on how to create those beautiful background clouds.

Okay my friends, getting a bit sleepy so going to wrap this up and head to bed.  Hope you will join us for some fun case'ing this week.  Here are the details for every Mystery Monday case:
  • Contest is open until Sunday, entries due by 12pm CST.
  • You can either case the featured card or you can use it as an inspiration piece.  Meaning you can make the same style card, use the same colors, etc.  As long as we can see that you got your ideas from the featured card.
  • Post your card/project in the TGF Galleria - Home > Farm Fresh Challenges 2011 > Mystery Mondays > Croppixie.
  • The winner is chosen by random draw and will win a free TGF single stamp of choice.
  • Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!
Alright my friends, enjoy the rest of your July 4th and hope you get to do something fun!!  Like crafting!  :)
Bigs hugs,
Leanne

Card recipe:
Stamps: Blush Babette & Sunshine kit sentiment (TGF)
Inks: Black tuxedo (Memento), Cyan (Colorbox)
Papers: White cs (Neenah & DCWV), Pink & Baby blue (Bazzil), dp (Echo Park), Turqouise cs (Hanko)
Floral embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Circle & Label 4 dies (Spellbinders)
Pink pearl button (old stash)
Copics
Hair: BG0000, 01, 02, 05, 10
Skin: E000, 00, 11, R01
Dress/Sock: RV11, 13, BG0000

14 comments:

kris said...

Love your take on the CAS style... and i'm loving your clouds!! Great creation sistah!

Denice said...

Fun, fun, fun! Babette with blue hair?!! Awesome!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!!
Happy 4th!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Leanne. This is adorable and I love your aqua hair. It turned out just wonderful. I know what you mean about Amy. She is very talented and I am working up to trying her clouds. Hope you have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE her w/ blue hair, WOW girl! This is a great take on the CASE this week- I love it! Hope you have a fantastic 4th!

1LuvnMama said...

Ohhhhh luv, luv, luv Leanne! Luv the blue hair! Amazingly put together and your clouds rock! Hey, I just saw on the news that in LA there was an ANIME concert? I was thinking of you and thought you might have gone. Looked pretty amazing! :)Hope you're having a wonderful 4th!

Cheryl said...

Both cards are just adorable! I LOVE the first one. Your coloring is fabulous and you used the perfect papers. Love your coloring on the second one too. I am always intimidated to try colored hair but yours looks wonderful.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous card Leanne! Fabulous blue hair and yup.. she does remind me of the Harujuki girls! Hope you had a great July 4th weekend! ;)

Nady said...

Tes carte son superbes! bravo et passe une belle journée
hugs
Nadyne xx

Shar said...

Wow!! I have been so busy with the Kids and work I have not stopped by and looked at your beautiful Creations!!! I hope one day we will get to craft together and you can show me some tips about the coloring with copics!! I don't even own one!! hahahaha
Love you cousin!!
Maine

Amy said...

So fun turning Babette into a Harujuku girl...she totally pulls it off with that fab blue hair! Gorgeous card Leanne!

♥Rach♥ said...

Totally beautiful! Love her hair and the beautiful papers, so fun and cheery Leanne!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Very Pretty...i've just ordered the blushing images...and now i will have your image as an example of pretty blue hair!

Tasha said...

WOWzers Leanne this is absolutely stunning! Evrything about it is so beautiful and i LOVE her hair
love tasha xx