Sunday, June 5, 2011

MM CASE'ING... Melyssa Connolly

Good morning Friends!!
Did any of you get a chance to purchase any of the new releases going on all over blogland?  I have to say I was bad, and hopefully will get to show off some of those wonderful images when I get them. hehehe..

Today is another MM Case'ing over at the TGF-Farm Fresh Challenge blog.  Are you all enjoying the challenges that have been set before you?  I hope so as we are having so much fun creating them and seeing what you have been creating.  Keep up the wonderful job everyone!! :)
For today's case, 1LuvnMama chose this really pretty card by Melyssa Connolly.

Isn't her card wonderful?  I love that she mixed and matched the different patterned papers, and using the cool Creeper Sweet, from the Sweet & Toxic set, brought a lot of fun character to her card.  Make sure to stop by the Farm Fresh Challenge blog to see how the other ladies on the DT case'd Melyssa's card.  

I case'd her card but flipped it a little bit.  I am using my newest favorite bad boy, WS Ryan.  Isn't he the coolest addition to the WS crew?  I love his hair, so spikey and cool.  He's probably got all the girls on the Farm on edge he's so cool and cute, definitely bad boy material to me! hehehe

I couldn't resist coloring his hair like he had flames coming out of his head.  hehehe..  I think it turned out pretty HOT!  (no pun intended)  I kept the rest of his outfit pretty neutral, but still all boy.  The rest of the card came together pretty fast once I chose all the papers and the ribbon.  I thought these were masculine enough for Ryan's all guy coolness.  As you can see, I flipped the sentiments deciding the circle would look much better on top and the square one on the bottom.  Here is a close-up of Ryan:
Hehe, well I hope you like what I came up with for today's challenge case.  I hope you get a chance to play along, I would love to see how you interpret Melyssa's card.

Here is a reminder of the rules:
  • Use ANY TGF image
  • You can either case the card or use it as an inspiration
  • Upload project to the TGF Galleria - Home > Farm Fresh Challenges 2011 > Mystery Mondays > Melyssa by Sunday, 12 pm CST
  • Winner will be randomly chosen to win a free single TGF image.
  • HAVE FUN!!
Mahalo for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs,
Lilo
**************
Card Recipe:
Stamps: WS Ryan, Sentiment 1 (My Guy Ian), Sentiment 2 (Creepin' kit)
Dark brown & white cs (Neenah)
Dp (DCWV - Downtown Loft & a scrap piece from Once Upon a Time)
Black tuxedo & rich cocoa ink ( Memento)

Scalloped square (Spellbinders)
Ribbon (Dollar Tree)
Twine (Joann's)
Buttons (Basic Grey)
Copics:
Hair: R89, YR04, YR09/ Skin: E000, E00, E11/ Eyes: B04/ Shirt: C3, C6/ Vest: E19, E57, E59/ Jeans: B97, B93/ Shoes: E55, E57, E59

7 comments:

Tasha said...

OMG Leanne this is GORGEOUS!I love him as a red head, he certainly does look hot! i love the papers you went with - they so suit Ryans macho image and the sentiments are awesome!
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

WOw, Leanne. I can't believe that I didn't tell you how absolutely I love these two cards. Yesterday I actually checked your little guy out and then I headed over a bought him from TGF. lol... Supper cute! I love, love how you have colored his hair. Your card design is fab. as well. Have a wonderful day. Hugs Lisa

gobeagirl said...

WOw, Leanne. I can't believe that I didn't tell you how absolutely I love these two cards. Yesterday I actually checked your little guy out and then I headed over a bought him from TGF. lol... Supper cute! I love, love how you have colored his hair. Your card design is fab. as well. Have a wonderful day. Hugs Lisa

Unknown said...

Love the coloring on his hair! You did a fabulous job with this one, Leanne!

Amy said...

Ooooh, this is so cool Leanne! Love the papers, they are perfect for a guy card and your coloring is amazing! You are rockin' the Farm girl! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

His red hair is soooo fabulous and I love the colors! The twine and button are such a great touch, fab job Leanne :0)

Tammi said...

Another thing I can't do well is guy cards...wow, yours is amazing! Love that red hair and this design...hmm, might have to case your case! :)