Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mad for Markers big COPICal hop


Hello and welcome to the Mad for Markers BIG Copical blog hop!  We are excited today to be hopping around the blogworld with bloggers from all over the world who all LOVE colouring with COPICS!

If you came here from Kerry's blog then you are right on track.  If not, then please go to Sammi's blog (http://www.stuffbysammi.blogspot.com/) to start at the beginning!

Once you have completed the hop please leave a comment on the Mad for Markers blog and vote for your favourite creations...  You and the person you voted for might receive a little surprise prize!!  But to get there make sure you follow the hop and leave some love for all the participants... Thanks!

I am by no means an expert colorist, but I have learned from other bloggers some helpful and fun techniques along the way.  This is the best thing about this crafty blogging world, people love to share their ideas and their experiences.  What also helps is practicing.  What's that saying?  Practice makes perfect?  Well I don't know about perfect, but it sure does help.  (hehe)  So here is what I made for the hop, I call it "Hide & Seek":

Hide & Seek with Lidia and Friends
I love how my card turned out.  I actually used one image and the rest is paper!  I found that BG paper at Michael's.  I had to grab it it was just too cute to pass up.  I also found that adorable image on the Spesch stamps store.  I just love her!!  Her name is Lidia created by Suzui, one of the talented artists at Spesch stamps and you can purchase her HERE as a digital image.  I did color her with Copics, and I really had so much fun with it.  I chose browns for her hair, which incidently is also the current challenge at M4M.  And for her dress, I used some wonderful reds and oranges.  I colored in her eyes, first time for me and I love how they turned out.  (Sorry you are probably wondering what is she talking about?  Well I had to actually draw and color the inside of the eyes as the digital image itself is just a blank circle)  Here is a close up of Lidia, she's just adorable.

I sprinkled some pearls here and there and colored them with different colored Copics.  Lastly, I wrote in a few fun words & phrases in and around the card because I didn't want to cover any of the beautiful paper.  Here are a few close-ups:



Your next stop on the hop is JANET you will so enjoy her creation and inspiration... 

Mahalo for stopping by!  Have a colourful day & enjoy the HOP!!
Hugs,
Leanne

7/3: Wonderful news!  I am blessed to have been chosen as the brown colored hair winner for this fantastic hop! Thank you to all that left beautiful messages and voted.  My prize: Xpress IT paper! woo hoo!! Thank you M4M! Click HERE to see all the winners.
Card Recipe:
Light peach cs (Hanko Designs)
Lidia digi (Spesch stamp design)
White cs (Neenah)
Light green cs (Bazzil)
Design paper Olivia (Basic Grey)
Pearls (Recollections)
Border punch (Recollections)
Copics:
Hair: E31,33.35.37, 29
Skin: E000, 00, 02, R20
Eyes: Black multi-liner, YG17, G14 & G82
Dress: YR04, 09 & E07
Shoes: E29, 37
Pearls: R85, TG17, BG01, YR09

22 comments:

Sammi said...

Oooh.. what a GORGEOUS card! Lidia is one of my favourite Spesch images at the moment! good choice... I just love how you did her eyes!! LOVE her hair too! What a fun card ... love how you added the text and made it a hide and seek card.. you are so creative! THANKS for joining in the Copical hop! Lovely to have you involved!! :D
Sammi
xx

Unknown said...

What a great card! I love this image too. i think you did a great job on her eyes!
Alicia xx

Shar said...

Now that is Awesome!!!
I absolutely admire your work!!!
I love how your creations look so perfect all the time!!
you are so talented in every way!!
And your an Uchinacu!!! LOL
love you

Anonymous said...

I love the colour of her dress - just gorgeous!!! And all that wonderful hair to play with *drool*

ChickieChirps said...

This is gorgeous Leanne! Her eyes look fabulous and so does her hair! Love the orange dress too!

Arabella

donna mikasa said...

Such an adorable image and great coloring, too! Cute card, Leanne! Have a great weekend!

Gretchen said...

You drew in those eyes.... you are one very talented and creative person. Love the image you used. It's such a cute card.

Carol Dee said...

Great eyes! Love the paper. Fun idea to write little messages on it.

Amy said...

Beautiful card and your coloring of Lidia is amazing, you are a very talented colorist Leanne and full of inspiration! It's always a joy to visit your blog! Have a great weekend! :)

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! this is awesome, so perfectly coloured and I love how you wrote on your paper, fab idea.

Janet said...

This is beautiful...love how unique it is. Great work!

1LuvnMama said...

You say you're no expert but you stun me with your coloring! :) I luv the Hide & Seek! So cute.

Oh and what is this about being Uchinanchu as one of the commentors wrote? LOL. Are you? Well, we might be related! hee, hee! Have a wonderful weekend!

Carly said...

wow! so much gorgeous colouring. Lovely!

Melissa said...

What a fantastic card. Love it.
Thanks for joining in at Mad for Markers
Cheers
Melissa

Susan said...

A beautiful card! Love how you have coloured the gorgeous Spesch image. Thanks for joining in the Brown Hair Challenge at Mad for Markers.
Susan xxox

Susan said...

A beautiful card! Love how you have coloured the gorgeous Spesch image. Thanks for joining in the Brown Hair Challenge at Mad for Markers.
Susan xxox

Susan said...

A beautiful card! Love how you have coloured the gorgeous Spesch image. Thanks for joining in the Brown Hair Challenge at Mad for Markers.
Susan xxox

Nady said...

Superbe carte! bravo pour cette belle réailisation!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Melissa Barnicoat said...

Great work on her hair, she looks fantastic. Thanks for playing along at M4M
Mel B

Unknown said...

Love how you are always bringing new things to the table...especially the cute messages on the designer paper =)

Amanda said...

Wow her hair looks real.
I love it.

Gwen said...

Awesome job of coloring! Wow, you did a fantastic job on her hair, the highlights are perfect!