Thursday, May 5, 2011

FFF - Throwback Friday Challenge!




Happy Friday Friends!  It's time for FFF at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog

We are having a super fun challenge this week that requires you to break out your "old" TGF images (which let's face it...aren't that old, lol).  At the bottom of the post there is an "Exclusion List" which has the last several months worth of TGF releases on it.  Here's the deal:  You can use any TGF image(s) on your project BUT those stamps.  So dust off your very first TGF purchases and make them shine again :0) 

Make sure to check out the fabulous DT "Throwback" samples on the challenge blog HERE

I was asked to make a wedding card for one of my co-worker's.  Her colors were brown and a reddish-orange color.  I found this tutorial on fancy fold cards on Kim Yu's blog a while back and thought if I could pull this off it would be the faciest card this couple was going to get.  

For my images I chose Jeremy from the Roll Call Kit and WS Dressy Joyce (digi). 


I altered Joyce, by giving her an up-do instead of her normal flowing hair.  The tiara is a sticker and behind her is a veil I cut up with some tulle.  Aren't they just the sweetest couple? 

The papers were white cs, brown cs and this fabulous red & white patterned paper (Sorry I don't remember the brand).  I used Spellbinders Labels 7 for the sentiment (sorry don't remember where the stamp came from, but I know it's a clear stamp.)  I distressed the patterned paper to give it a fancy vintage feel.   Here is the finished card in all it's glory:


Here is a view from the top:
Well now, it's your turn to play along with the challenge  A reminder that you can use any TGF image except for the ones listed below:
EXCLUSION List:  

  1. Anya:/Ian Singles: Fancy Anya, Beanie Anya, Cafe Ian, Surfer Anya, & Twirl Anya
  2. Anya/Ian Sets: Miss Anya Lounge, Miss Anya Hats Off, I Do, I Heart Sweaters
  3. Creeper Crew: Creepin' Kit, Syren, Abbey
  4. Cheeky Cherry: Naughty or Nice, Cheeky XMas, Cheeky Cherry Pie, Cheeky Chat, Cheeky Howdy
  5. Oliver & Amelia: Little Dreamer, Because of You, Fuzzy Wuzzy
  6. Sentiments/ Backgrounds: Because of You, Splotchy
  7. Sprouts: Daisy, Elena
  8. Digital Images: Easter Anya, Easter Ian
If  the only stamps you have are all on the above list, NO WORRIES!  You can grab a digi for about $3 HERE.

The FFF challenge is open until Thursday, entries are due by 12 PM CST.  So you certainly have plenty of time to get started.

The winner will receive a free single TGF stamp of choice! Please upload your challenge cards to TGF Galleria> Farm Fresh Challenges 2011> Farm Fresh Fridays 2011> Throwback Challenges> Throwback 1.

Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Lilo

14 comments:

My Scrap Diary said...

Beautiful card! Beautifully colored. It reminds me of Emmet and Rosalie,but I'm thinking that's the vibe you were going for seeing you added a mole to her :)
And I have been wanting to try to make one if these style cards but I've been a little lazy. Lol.
Jess M:)

1LuvnMama said...

Great idea for Joyce! Luv how you added the tulle and the tiara. Was the Royal Wedding your inspiration? Luv it Leanne! Have a great weekend girl!

Shar said...

I love the Beautiful Creation you made!!
I know your going to laugh at me
But here is my question I have never heard of digi stamps how exactly does that work??

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!! I wanted to do this challenge but we are leaving for a week...will have to catch the next one!! Your card is precious....

Cely said...

I'm your newest follower! :) Shar sent me!

kris said...

awww! love this! especially her tiara.... what a beautiful couple... hmm, where we thinking the same thing when creating?! hehe!

Tasha said...

OMG i want her Tiara! Love this its so pretty and such a cool and creative concept
love tasha xx

Eulanda said...

Awwww this is sweet!! I love how you colored his hair!!! And that crown on her is super cute!!

Cely said...

Thanks for the info on the digis! I went back to coloring the (gray) one that I started yesterday and there is a definite improvement. Still blends and bleeds a little though, but not totally crazy!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow Leanne, that is a great card, perfect for a wedding.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Leanne! Wow, girl! You did a wonderful job! Love her tiara! So pretty!

Nady said...

wow!!! magnifique!
j'adore ta carte et les couleurs sont superbes! bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Leanne. I think this is fabulous. Your friend is going to love it. I love how you used the crown sticker and tulle. Great idea! This whole card is just perfect. Love it. Hugs, Lisa G

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Thanks for sharing :)