Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wedding bells

Happy Wednesday morning. I've been trying to stop by everyone's blog, and slowly but surely I will find you. Thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments. I am so blessed to know you all. :) Now for my share:
This was a card I made for my mom. One of her co-workers is getting married and she suggested to the group instead of buying a card to have me make one for all of them to sign. I was pretty happy to accomodate them. I used a SU stamp that I have used in the past, some gray and white dp and the show stopper, a clear acetate frame with this really pretty black border. I know you probably can't see it, but I used Stickles to glitter up her dress. It's hard to tell with the acetate, but hopefully you can imagine it. :) The sentiment is one I've also used before. It's a rub-on from Making Memories. It's such a nice sentiment. Perfect for a newly wedded couple.
I had a lot of fun with this one because I didn't have to do much. For the inside of the card I decided to make it into a folder and used my spellbinders to make individual inserts so that everyone could write their own special message to the happy couple. (Sorry, but I forgot to take pictures of the inserts) They asked me to include their logo in the card as well so I asked my mom to print it on a clear label. I think I incorporated it perfectly on the inside of the card. :) On the opposite flap I stamped a really simple but poignant sentiment. For the inserts I used labels eight and I stamped a simple flourish on opposite corners.
I used the opposite side of the gray paper for the inside of the card. I love the dp, it's so perfect for what I wanted to do and I love how the white border image pops on the dark gray background. I believe this card will travel between three other offices before it is mailed out to the bride-to-be. I love how this turned out and I plan to keep this one handy for a fast wedding card. Mahalo for stopping by and Happy Wednesday blogging ohana.
**************
Supplies:
Paper: White cs-Neenah, black cs- Recollections; dp-(tba)
Clear acetate frame, rub-on sentiment-Making Memories
Inside stamps: Sentiment-Cloud 9 clear stamps (Simple Thoughts-Memories)
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento
Copics: various
Border punch: Recollections
Stickles: Frosted lace

4 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

This is gorgeous and I love the idea of making it into a folder for individual messages!

Ukka said...

This is sweet and so romantic. I love the colours! It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

I see that you got back your punch in time...Lol

maribeth27 said...

Wow! So elegant and exquisite!!!
Great job Leanne! TFS ;)