Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our Angel

Good morning and Happy Saturday!! I hope you have all been well and I must apologize for not visiting. I will have to take a day or afternoon to come and visit, I'm so dissapointed that I haven't been to everyone's site, but I plan to calendar it and drop by soon.
For now, I have another fun frame to share. I made this one for one of my co-workers who is going on maternity leave and is having her first child. Can you guess the sex of the baby? Yes, a girl. :)
For this one I made using minimal coloring and lots of paper! I love the fact that it is a circle frame. I used the always adorable HG-Snuggle from The Greeting Farm. Instead of coloring in her outfit and the bunny I paper-pieced them. :) So much easier than coloring for a change. I love the papers I chose, and these were scraps from other projects. It's always nice to use up scraps, yea? I kept the rest of the frame simple with some awesome background paper, a bright flower and some pink & white polka dot chipboard. If I had thought about it further, I would have made the matching card into a circle, but when u are rushed you don't really think about those things. But it's ok, she loved it just the same. See:
So sorry the picture quality is so bad. Our Dining & Events room is not the best place to take pictures. Well everyone, I've gotta get ready for a long day. Heading to ref a volleyball tournament in 30 minutes and then after that... I'm heading to Magic Mountain!! I don't know how I will survive, but with a long recovery tomorrow, maybe that'll be a good time to visit you. :) As always, MAHALO for stopping by and visiting. Have a wonderful Saturday!!!
******
Supplies: will be updated later :) TFYP!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice project! Thanks for sharing. Hugs :)

Amy said...

Awww, the frame is so sweet! Love the happy colors and Snuggle looks adorable! The paperpiecing looks fabulous and adds to the cuteness factor! :)
Have fun reffing, you must see some awesome volleyball!

Mimi said...

Sweet frame! Snuggles is one of my fav too! She's so cute with ther bunny! Have a great weekend! ;)

maribeth27 said...

Very cute projects! TFS :D

kris said...

Awesome gift!! Paper piecing is alwas fun... =D Love the way this turned out!! TFS! Have a fantastic weekend!! Hugs!!!

Melanie I. said...

oh so cute! I was hunting this cutie for a while. I love her hair so lovely.

WickedPixie said...

This is just darling! I hope the people you work with know how lucky they are! :-)Traci

Joy said...

sweet creation you made for your co worker. she will definitely love it. you are so sweet to think of her. TFS!

donna mikasa said...

What an adorable frame! You are so clever, Leanne!
And congrats on winning Amy's candy! Woo hoo!

Janie Printz said...

LOVE this sweet frame & the precious image colored so beautifully ...
Hugs, Janie