Monday, September 27, 2010

Tag Team Bday card

Happy Monday! Hope you are all having a good day. Today I decided to take the day off from a hectic week. The weekend wasn't long enough for me. It's been super hot here, almost high 90's-100's in some areas. Trying to stay cool by being indoors with the fans on. Haven't resorted to turning the a/c on yet. Doesn't look like the weather is going to change any time soon.
For my share today, I have a card that I call a tag-team bday card. I started it and my younger brother finished it. I altered Rain Anya by adding glasses to her face. Stamped the kitty from WS-Reeta against her leg. I colored only her hair and skin, my brother colored her outfit and the kitty. Above is the before and after.
On the inside I used one of the kittens from TGF's Ginger Bell set. Again I stamped it and my brother colored it in. I used a simple layout and once my brother colored in the rest he glued everything down to my specifications. This was supposed to be made into an easel card for my brother's gf's aunt. She loved the card and was really impressed, however she made it into a wall hanging instead of an easel card. I guess she wanted to show it off as a piece of wall art instead. Okay by me. :) Mahalo for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your Monday, I plan to savor the last remaining hours until I go back to work tomorrow. So for now, have a great evening!!
*************
Supplies:
Papers: Dark brown & white cs-Neenah; dp Eloise-K&Company
Stamps: Rain Anya, cat from WS-Reeta & Ginger Bell-The Greeting Farm
Inks: Black tuxedo & rich cocoa-Memento
Copics: Various
Spellbinders: Original and scalloped ovals
Border punch: Floral-Recollections
3D crystal lacquer on her glasses

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week :)

WickedPixie said...

I love the alteration you did here with the glasses and the kitty addition! It made a great card! Thanks so much for your super sweet comments on my blog today - it really made my day! :-)Traci

donna mikasa said...

Hi Leanne! What a fun swap to do with your brother(?)! Wow, talent runs deep in your family! Rain looks great with glasses and I love how your brother colored up kitty!

Amy said...

You two make a great team, the card is awesome and I'm not surprised the aunt would use it as wall art! Love the paper you used and your brother does a great job coloring! Hope the rest of your week is fab for you, Leanne!