Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Smiles are contagious - A shaker card

Happy hump day! Hope you are all having a fabulous day!! I've been out of blogland for a while so will be attempting to get to each of your blogs as soon as possible... Can't wait to see what I've missed for the past couple days. So excited!!
I wanted to share my attempt at a shaker card for the CA&F Monday Mania challenge which is hosted this week by the queen of shaker cards Joy! The challenge is to make a.... SHAKER card. According to Joy she is the queen of shaker cards, and I'll have to agree after visiting her post and some of her friends posts. She has a way with shaker cards that make you drool. You can find all the details for the challenge as well as the samples from Joy and the DT on the CA&F post above.
I went for really simple this time around. No embellishments except for the ones rolling around inside the shaker area. I used Flirty Anya for the main character. She has the trademark TGF smile going on so I thought using the two sentiments relating to smiles and laughter were appropriate. The only other things I used were the fun dp, scalloped circle spellbinder and a recycled plastic container which used to house mounting tape! hahaha. Yes I was saving it for something like this. The tricky part was trying to keep the beads from rolling while lining up the cut out to the rest of the dp for the backing. It actually took me two tries to get it right.
It's not one of my best but I love it just the same. Here is a side view of the card so you can see the shaker casing where all the beads and some punched flowers are hanging out. Too bad you can't really see the flowers, but they are there. The other thing I'm bummed about was that you can't see her red shoes. hahaha.. I know it's always the little things that get lost in the moment.
BTW, sorry if the quality of the picture isn't so good, I couldn't find my camera so had to resort to using my cell phone. It's actually not that bad. hahaha! Well hope you get a chance to play along with this week's fun challenge. Remember all the details can be found on the CA&F blog post here. Mahalo for stopping by! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
***************
Supplies:
Will be updated later today.

5 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

This is completely beautiful! I totally love the pretty papers and the sentiments, awesome job!

Brenda said...

that is such a cute shaker! good luck!

Amy said...

Wow, this is sooo cute Leanne! Love the paper with Flirty and using the plastic cover from tape for the shaker! Very clever!

Unknown said...

Awesome card Leanne! Great job. Good luck on the challenge. Hugs :)

Claudia said...

Wow Leanne, love this cute card. I should try the shaker card soon. Hopefully it will come out as good as yours. Very nice.