Sunday, August 1, 2010

"A" is for Aloha - B&W+1

Good morning!
Hahaha, my title looks like BMW+1, but it actually means Black & White +1 other color which is challenge #6 over at Anya Ink. So what does that mean? Well in a nutshell the ladies over at Anya Ink are challenging everyone to use black & white and 1 other color in their projects. I chose to go with green as the +1 color.
The card itself is black with layers of green cs with a white piece of cs on top. I added black photo corners to make this look like a scrapbooked image. The white cs is another Spellbinders Nestabilities Frame, this time an oval scalloped one. I love this technique and will probably use it quite often now. If you would like the link to this technique please click here.
I chose TGF's Cheerleader Anya for this card. I stamped her on an oval cut-out then colored her up. I did some shading around her then masked her and stamped a hibiscus image around her. For more details on masking please go here. Love this technique. I'm really diggin' how the green hibiscus frames Anya. I love how it also looks like dp. I don't really find very much Aloha print dp that I actually like, so this technique with the right colors and stamps will take care of that. It would not only be beneficial but fun to make. As for the sentiment, I know the "A" on her sweater usually stands for Anya, but this time I wanted it to stand for Aloha so the sentiment is "A" is for Aloha. Well Mahalo for stopping by this morning/afternoon to see what I've been up to. I'm anticipating the TGF blog hop tonight will be full of fun and inspiration! Until next time, have a great Sunday!!
***************
Supplies:
Paper: Black card-Hanko|white cs-Neenah|green & black cs-Bazzil
Stamps: Cheerleader Anya & Aloha sentiment-TGF|hibiscus stamp- Fiskars
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento|black multiliner-Copic
Copics: 0|C00,01,03,04,05,08,09,10|YG17

8 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Super cute B&W card with a touch of green! She really looks like a snapshot! See you later at the hop!

Delphine said...

This is beautiful, Leanne! Your cheerleader is lovely and I really like the background you have stamped! Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink! Hugs Delphine xx

Emma said...

This is sooo cute! I love your coloring and that DP is just Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at AnyaInk!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWHHHH! BEAUTIFUL COLORING I ALSO LOVE THE BACKGROUND.Have i told you that i love your coloring because it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink,RubyM:)

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at 'Anya Ink'.
hugs
Sue

Peta's Blog said...

Oh I love this Anya and I love how you have coloured her and made i look like a photo! Thanks for sharing with us at Anya Ink xoxo Peta

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Lovely card. Great colours. You 've coloured your image perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Anya ink xxx

chrisw said...

Your colouring looks fabulous,Love it!