Thursday, July 29, 2010

Miss Nora's Garden

Before I get on with my post I just wanted to say Mahalo for all the lovely comments you have left for me on my projects. Each one is very special to me and the best part is that I admire all of you. Thank you for making my day each and every time you stop and leave me a sweet comment. I get my inspirations from you and to read your lovely comments makes my heart full. The 2nd best part is I smile for hours on end. So lots of Mahalo to you!!! XX :')
**************
I found this cool tutorial here on how to make a Spellbinders Nestabilities Frame card @ Mary B Giemza's blog. Like her tutorial stated, it was pretty easy once you figured out the plate order, and where you wanted to position them. I chose to use the Spellbinders large labels for my test run. Check out the cool embossed window I made, it looks pretty cool!
Doesn't it look like one of those fancy embossed cards? I loves it!! Amazing how you can make your own with just a few steps and some cool die cuts. I think the key is to have that rubber mat.
I wanted to make a small scene, kind of like your looking out of a window, so which stamp would I use? I had an idea in mind for a cute floral scene and I thought C.C. Designs Swiss Laying Nora Rubber Stamp would be perfect.

She fit perfectly in the window I created. I added some grass, flowers, clouds and a butterfly, then colored up Miss Nora popped her on some pop dots. Here are a couple side shots:

I think she looks super cute lounging in the grass with her cute purple polka dot and dark pink dress with the sparkly ribbon, the clouds and those lavendar & pink flowers behind her. I added a couple more of the punched flowers to the corners of the frames and two cool sentiments in the opposite corners to balance the card. Mounted the whole scene on this really cool grass green cs and here is the finished card:
If you haven't tried this technique I highly recommend it. It adds a nice touch to any card, and seriously, you don't need to add much to it. I'm thinking of making another one and maybe use a little boy instead. Until the next time, Mahalo for stopping by. Have a blessed evening. :)
***********
Supplies:
Papers: White card- Recollections| white & grass green cs-Neenah|shimmery dark pink cs-Kelly Paper Co.
Stamps: Swiss Laying Nora-C.C. Designs|sentiments-Fiskars Playful Day clear stamps
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento|Green ink-Brilliance| black, white & clear glitter gel pen-Sakura
Die cuts: Large labels-Spellbinders
Five-petal flower punch-Marvy
Crystal butterfly accent & dark purple gems
Copics:
E00,11,27,37,59,77|RV02,14,21|R01,20||V17|B000|YG17,25|0

4 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Leanne this may be my favorite card you've made! I love the embossed Nestie frame and the little flowers and butterfly. The sentiments are just perfect too, fabulous job :0)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhhhhhh SWEET!!

Teri said...

I love how you made the nesties frame. I'm gonna have to check out that tutorial! Nora is adorable in her garden!

donna mikasa said...

Wow, this is so cool! Thanks for the link to the tutorial! Must give this a try!