Friday, May 7, 2010

Sweets for Mom

Lots happened last weekend. First, my mom had a birthday & it was my parent's anniversary! My mom was sick on her bday so we didn't get a chance to whoop it up for her, but she felt lots better on Sunday so we celebrated her bday and anniversary with great japanese food from their favorite restaurant and lots of cakes. 4 to be exact.. lol.. I guess the card I made her for her bday was appropriate:

I stamped the background paper using the Inkadinkado birthday cupcake stamp set and colored in the sweets with some bright and cool colored Copic markers. Standing center stage is cupcake Kiki from C.C. Designs, she is super cute! I framed her with some sparkly hot cerise cs that I cut out with a scalloped oval stencil. Inside that frame I used a really cool green party words dp from Paper Pizazz. Stamped, colored and cut out two flowers from the cupcake set and added them to the frame. Used a really cool green ribbon for some added color and mounted all of these on a dark brown card. Mahalo for looking!
Supplies: dark brown card| white cs (Neenah)|sparkly cerise cs| green party words dp (Paper Pizazz)| Cupcake Kiki stamp (Kiki La Rue from C.C. Designs) & cupcake clear stamps set (Inkadinkado)| black tuxedo ink (Memento)|green ribbon (Celebrate it)|oval & scalloped oval stencils (nestabilities)

1 comment:

♥Rach♥ said...

Love how you made the background, I'm a total cupcake FREAK so this card is right up my alley :0) Love Miss Kiki here but I haven't gotten to use her yet!