Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun with Maria

Hi, Hopefully this post won't be too long tonight. Figured I could post it now since I have some energy before I go to bed.
Broke in another of the cuties from the TGF Roll Call Kit named Maria. She is such a sweetie and I just love her pom-pom ponytails. :)
I played with the CA&F sketch 18 for this card, having a set sketch is always nice when you want to make something quick. I used a color theme of deep red, turquoise-blue and white. Threw in some punches, a stencil and some cool scraps of matching dp for this card:

Here are some snippets of the card:
A close up of Maria from the TGF Roll Call Kit. I "altered" some of her hair to make it look like the whole mass was pinned up. Nice and neat. Colored her dress a beautiful shade of red. The flowers in her hair are similar in color to the rest of the flowers on the card:

This is a close up of the ribbon and the layers of paper used on the card. I wanted to create a Renaissance feel or close to it. I cut out some cool dp using the Stampin' Up top note die and a smaller version of the same cool dp with a smaller Spellbinders Nestabilities label 8. I also cut out some turquoise-blue cs with a slightly larger label 8 die and embossed it using a Sizzix flower embossing folder. Also included is a view of the sponged Versafine blue lagoon ink over a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Impressabilities stencil onto the white card:

Used a Martha Stewart Fleur De Lis border punch and some cool dp. Here's another shot of the sponged in background on the white card:

Close up of the flowers, each layer is a separate punch and the dots and lines were hand drawn with a Sakura white gel pen:

Here is a close up of the sentiment, again each layer was from a separate punch. I used a Sakura white gel pen to create the dots and the lines on the petals and some white Colorbox ink as an accent border on the sentiment. The sentiment itself from Hero Arts was stamped with a blue lagoon Versafine ink:

This close up is of the 3 flowers in the top left corner above Maria. I was trying to make the same flower coloring and all to match the flowers in Maria's hair. Came pretty close to it. For added effect I rounded the petals to create a dimensional feel. I love the flowers:

Well that's all for now. I hope you have a great Tuesday! Mahalo for stopping by!

4 comments:

Angela said...

This looks beauitful!! Love how you used these colors together. Your flowers look awesome!! Looks like you are enjoying the Roll Call Kit!! I wish all the new release would come out like this, all on one sheet!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Randi said...

Leanne this is such a gorgeous TGF card! I love the blues and reds!! And those little coordinating flowers are SO cute!!

Amy said...

She's beautiful Leanne! I love the altering you did with her hair and that red dress is amazing! Your attention to detail is superb, fabulous card!

SemSee said...

Such an awesome card, Leanne! Love the colour combo and how you've altered Maria's hair - I must try that, as she looks tres chic! Hugs, Sem x