Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Morning...

Happy Monday everyone! Wow, I missed the tea party over at TGF, but was able to join in the fun and just finished checking out all the fabulous cards that the CA&F have posted for release day! Great job ladies! You are always inspiring... Be sure to check out all the cuteness and fun over at the TGF blog & the CA&F blog.

I finished this card yesterday for the Saturday sketch over at CA&F:

Here is the sketch:

While at Michaels the other day, I found this awesome Western DP. I knew I was going to use my new Cheeky Cherry Shooter stamp from TGF with this awesome dp from Creative Imagination. This sketch gave me the rest of my idea.
I used Shooter and the little horse from the TGF set, McSlendid Farm, as my centerpiece. I just thought she would look really cute on top of the horse. I added a "saddle" by cutting out a piece of the dp and adding it on to the horse's back.
The 1/2 circle in the background is supposed to be a stagecoach wheel, I had to use several different shades of browns (Copics) to get this distressed look.. And to make it look even more run down, I used a white gel pen and wiped it off with tissue. Yes, it took me a while to cut out the spokes on the wheel, they are some what symetrical, haha. The star in the middle, framing out Shooter and Sally (I named her horse), was cut from my Cricut machine. On the cartridge its labeled the sun die, but I used the black out option and now it looks like a sheriff's star/badge. The Dp is pink and if you look closely you can see the cowgirl riding her horse in the background..

The stripe going down the center horizontally is a strip of the Western dp. (More cutting) I used 4 different sized circles to make the bullseye for the sentiment and all I could think of was "Giddyup" for the label.. Adding a little dimension and some corner punches to the background paper rounded this card out.. Let me just say, this is one big card (8"x6"), but I don't think it would look as good as a regular 4x6 card. Well thanks for stopping by.. Have a great Monday!

Supplies:
Stamp: Shooter (TGF); little horse (TGF McSlendid Farm)
Inks/Markers: Blk Tuxedo & Ruby Red (Memento); Copics; brown pen; vintage sepia
Papers: Chocolate brown cs for the card; light turqouise paper for backdrop; Ash brown cs for the wheel; Western DP for star and border(Creative Imaginations-Debbie Mumm); pink cs for bullseye;
Punches: Star (Cricut); circle punches (S/U, Marvy Uchida); Martha Stewart corner punch
Little dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ok Leanne what has gotten into you????? You have been posting everyday!! Looks like someone has found their crafting Mojo!! Leanne... I love this and all the time you spent on it really shows!! Love all the detail you have added. I always have to click on your pictures to make them bigger, just so I can see the details!!
Hope you are having a great start to your week!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so ADORABLE.